Has GMC Denali Name become too common?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Serg-214

Reaction score
The GT is a perfect example....it's a trim of the Mustang like Denali is to the Yukon.
15 years ago everyone would say I drive a 5.0/GT, Saleen or Cobra. We knew they drove a Mustang. You would rarely hear anyone say they drove a Mustang.
Same with the Lightning. Wasn't it a trim of the F-150?

Last edited:

UKonBoi614

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Trim levels across the world of vehicles play their particular role. They entice you in to buying it because it meant performance and/or it meant luxury. Some trim levels just make it to that iconic status and when a dealer sees it happening they tend to slap it on everything, which sometimes tarnishes the name. "Denali" has made a strong impact in the SUV world and GMC is trying to capitalize on the name. In the world of GM the Yukon Denali is ONLY second to the Escalade (due to luxury options), followed by the Tahoe LTZ and then the Yukon SLT. The Sierra is special... because the Sierra Denali is GM's top of the line pickup, hence another reason Denali is considered it's on model.

Serg-214

Reaction score
Trim levels across the world of vehicles play their particular role. They entice you in to buying it because it meant performance and/or it meant luxury. Some trim levels just make it to that iconic status and when a dealer sees it happening they tend to slap it on everything, which sometimes tarnishes the name. "Denali" has made a strong impact in the SUV world and GMC is trying to capitalize on the name. In the world of GM the Yukon Denali is ONLY second to the Escalade (due to luxury options), followed by the Tahoe LTZ and then the Yukon SLT. The Sierra is special... because the Sierra Denali is GM's top of the line pickup, hence another reason Denali is considered it's on model.

I agree with just about everything you said except with the Sierra Denali being the top of the line pickup for GM. Correct me if wrong but isn't the 2018 High Country Silverado equivalent(due to options) to the Sierra Denali now?

Last edited:

UKonBoi614

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I agree with just about everything you said except with the Sierra Denali being the top of the line pickup for GM. Correct me if wrong but isn't the 2018 High Country Silverado equivalent(due to options) to the Sierra Denali now?

Yes the High Country Silverado is the Chevy equivalent but the Denali name still places it above it due to the already success.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Denalimom

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well, I work. I traded "down" from an Escalade to a GMC Yukon Denali. Why? The Yukon Denali offers the same engine, transmission, and features as the Escalade but does not have the brashness of the Escalade. The Escalade felt too flashy. There is a segment,ent in the market that is receptive to the Yukon Denali.
That is the exact reason I bought a Denali. I looked at the Escalades, but in the end felt like I would I want to change the exterior to much to “dirty” it up to avoid the whole high end look. Also, I wanted to be able to choose what I want in my trim package, not be forced into having the eyesore DVD players.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The GT is a perfect example....

For GT/Saleen/cobra to be the perfect comparison if would have to be used on multiple ford models...I have no idea if it is? I think maybe saleen is?

Last edited:

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, at that time GT was also on the Probe and ******.

Interesting. my buddy had an ****** but I dont recall if he called it a GT or not...Knowing him he probably did lol

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar