Handling 101

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Tony, I answered your PM but as I mentioned in it, I was trying to get the right answer for someone that asked me on another forum.

For my part I'm in the permanent quest to figure out how to do a 1"-2" drop on my Escalade. I know that belltech makes 2" front drop springs that I could probably put a 1" spacer in, and I think the H&R 2" rear springs might be best for the back. That seems the simplest solution although it involves mixing and matching parts from different manufacturers.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Honestly for 2" just do spindles. On these trucks even with a 2" spindle still has enough clearance in front.

As for the 1-2 inch drop belltech makes a special kit for the autoride which is the 1-2 inch spring. You can do it but honestly due to spindles not changing shock stroke and the front autoride link position the ride stays the same.

Many of the autoride trucks sit higher in front than non autoride (mine is just a example) due to springs used at the gm plants. Doing a 2 inch drop spindle on these trucks many times the front sits higher than a non autoride dropped the same.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Are you set on a 2" drop in front and 2 inch drop in back?? Do you want the truck have rake like stock?

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ideally I would like a 1" up front and 2" rear.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love my 2 inch Belltechs in the back. I wish I had Autoride ...... would have been better.

Some day I will drop the front a inch.......:banghead:

Other mods keep getting in the way.

I think Serge is like me...... wants a modest drop that rides great and gets noticed.... but then almost looks stock.....baffle people.

Keep it classy.:thumbup:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660