Had to scratch the itch!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL Im with you 100% - Downsizing! Traded burb for MDX, and 3 days later gave it to better half - just not my bag baby. Then I picked up a clean Denali. Lost 2 feet, but gained all the options plus the beast L86. I cant believe how much faster the short 6.2 is vs the long 5.3; this engine does not strain EVER - need to pass someone? BOOM! You just gotta pack shit a little better, but the shorty is still plenty big for hauling family of 4 and 4 dawgs; if you need more, the hitch will pull a trailer of 8200...

OP
OP
Bigkevschopshop

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I was really surprised it didnt have a brake controller?? My 17' Denali had it! Yet it says right on the sticker trailering equipment!!! So does it take a special Controller?? No biggie as its the wifes truck I have my 3.0 Sierra for the trailer.
Yeah, the caddy doesn't get it like the GMC and Chevy twins... It's got the provisions for it electrically but it's fine. Yeah your Sierra will do the job for sure.

OP
OP
Bigkevschopshop

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL Im with you 100% - Downsizing! Traded burb for MDX, and 3 days later gave it to better half - just not my bag baby. Then I picked up a clean Denali. Lost 2 feet, but gained all the options plus the beast L86. I cant believe how much faster the short 6.2 is vs the long 5.3; this engine does not strain EVER - need to pass someone? BOOM! You just gotta pack shit a little better, but the shorty is still plenty big for hauling family of 4 and 4 dawgs; if you need more, the hitch will pull a trailer of 8200...
Damn, MDX is a bit small for sure, but the better half got something good and you did to then. Denali is the way to go for sure, the 6.2 pulls epic for sure. Just put the foot in it and it pulls instead of downshifting. Wait till you haul with it! Its a great experience for sure. Congrats to yall for sure!

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife has a '19 Escalade ESV Premium and admittedly it does have a few nice features over my old '15 GMC Yukon XL Denali and that I still don't think are offered on equivalent MY GMC Denali's:
Front Camera - Front bumper camera for parking
360 Degree Overhead Camera View
The ability to switch between ACC and standard cruise control (this is really nice)

However, I'm still not a huge fan of the QUE system and controls. Not a fan of the touch sensitive controls vs. buttons, and getting through the menu for certain features takes longer; ie. rear HVAC control. On the GMC Denali there's dedicated button(s) for quick rear HVAC adjustment settings. On the Escalade you have to scroll through the QUE menu to get to the rear HVAC settings. Maybe I would get more accustomed to using the QUE system if I spent more seat time driving it, but it's primarily the wife's ride.

Congrats on the purchase! Definitely a huge difference in the 5.3L/6 speed vs. the 6.2L/10 speed. You'll never be able to go back now.

Seamus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife has a '19 Escalade ESV Premium and admittedly it does have a few nice features over my old '15 GMC Yukon XL Denali and that I still don't think are offered on equivalent MY GMC Denali's:
The ability to switch between ACC and standard cruise control (this is really nice)

However, I'm still not a huge fan of the QUE system and controls. Not a fan of the touch sensitive controls vs. buttons, and getting through the menu for certain features takes longer; ie. rear HVAC control. On the GMC Denali there's dedicated button(s) for quick rear HVAC adjustment settings. On the Escalade you have to scroll through the QUE menu to get to the rear HVAC settings. Maybe I would get more accustomed to using the QUE system if I spent more seat time driving it, but it's primarily the wife's ride.

Congrats on the purchase! Definitely a huge difference in the 5.3L/6 speed vs. the 6.2L/10 speed. You'll never be able to go back now.
I completely agree having had both. There is no getting used to the CUE system! Touch controls are a pain. The Denali was better and faster to use with dedicated buttons...which was my reason back then for the Denali purchase. Hated the seats though..terrible. We have had several trucks since 2017 and now we needed the full size again. Wife wanted the 360 camera so we searched for the ESV. Seats are better and front suspension/steering is greatly improved for 2018/ Love the 10 speed. CUE stinks. We are in Florida and you constantly are adjusting the AC and when the dogs go in the back the rear AC is a pain using CUE. I also like to put running boards out when parking to fend off door dings...that takes a few steps in CUE. Very annoying. Would still get the caddy again though, great truck for the money since it depreciated.

OP
OP
Bigkevschopshop

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thanks man. Yeah the cue leaves alot to be desired for sure. I know why they ditched it now! haha. There are a few things I miss from the Burb/Yukon platform but the love of this vs the missing of the little things still keep me planted here now. Yeah the 6.2 is a game changer, I have had 2 other 6.2, One was a 11 silverado LTZ and the other was a 10 Yukon Denali, Both of those made me want another. I found the regular AC screen on the CUE, you can tap the button on the middle of the screen that says rear and get there that way instead of going for the other menu.

OP
OP
Bigkevschopshop

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the first 3 mods,
Removed front license plate bracket, Superior trans cooler reprogram and threw the airaid MIT I had on the burban on the 6.2 now... Worked like a charm....

Next few coming up will be puddle light projectors and replacing the cue screen is more Maintenace than anything.

Stay tuned for update photos!!!

OP
OP
Bigkevschopshop

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was out and about last night after cleaning her up.. While the wife was in the store I decided to snap some pictures in the parking lot. I will say this, the front bumper looks so much better without the license plate bracket. I need to replace the CUE screen as it tries to make some adjustments itself. I will say this, these headlights are the best stock headlights I have ever had hands down.

So If you have been debating the swap out to one of these, I will say it is worth it... GET WHAT YOU WANT though and don't settle. I miss the suburban some days. She did us real well through the years we had her. So far we both love this one though. I am finally getting used to the extra gears.... It's funny, I don't buy vehicles for impressing anyone else, never have, never will, I buy or build them for my driving pleasure. The one major thing that swayed me on this platform is the Sport mode, it's amazing hitting the button, truck transforms into much more fun, less luxury and more bite...

So without more paragraphs... Here ya go a few cool shots... Hope everyone is doing well...

Stay tuned, I am thinking 2/4 drop may come up soon!
9F640DAC-BA98-4B31-9D3B-26F08BCEA244.JPG
IMG_6260.jpgIMG_6262.jpgIMG_6267.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019