Green plug - front end area

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gasser76

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi there,

Does anyone know what this plug is used for? I saw it tucked away up the radiator and pulled it down for the attached picture. Having a tricky time tracing it back to something.

I am wondering if it's part of the SSV wiring that GM did; but can't confirm it.
Thanks,

-graham

Attachments

• IMAG0353.jpg
    IMAG0353.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

Wake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have an airbag light on or an airbag code?

I replaced one of my front impact sensors not too long ago and I think it was a green plug. It looks about right area for it to be.

OP
OP
G

gasser76

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You have an airbag light on or an airbag code?

I replaced one of my front impact sensors not too long ago and I think it was a green plug. It looks about right area for it to be.

No lights or codes. I know what you are talking about, I believe. There are two little boxes, mounted below the radiator - one on each side with a little airbag picture on them. Both of mine are plugged in already, however.

OP
OP
G

gasser76

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That looks like the fog light plug.

That is what I was kinda hoping for. However, I only see this one plug.
For the trucks that were equipped with Fog lights, where there a connecting harness that connected the lamps then to this plug maybe? Truck didn't come with fog lamps, but I do have a 2nd valance with the fog lights and have a generic harness (with a toggle switch for the cab), but if there is factory wiring to be used - maybe that is a better route? Thanks!

---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

I just found a GM all-in-one kit that includes the factory harness, lamps and the replacement switch for the cab. Says it uses the existing wiring. GM part # is 17802547. Does anyone have any experience with this kit?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TU1881

Latest posts