Got my old tahoe back

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
OhioHoe

OhioHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on getting it back, I love the nice simple paint job! Look very clean that way. My vote are the tbss
Thank you sir, I appreciate it. A lot of people seem to think I should go with the tbss wheels. Does anyone know of any NBS suvs with them in a chrome 22? I haven't had much luck finding any pictures

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish i could have gotten back my 91 camaro. By the time i tracked it down it had went through 3 different owners and the last one wrapped it around a tree. Be glad you tracked your truck back down in one piece.

OP
OP
OhioHoe

OhioHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish i could have gotten back my 91 camaro. By the time i tracked it down it had went through 3 different owners and the last one wrapped it around a tree. Be glad you tracked your truck back down in one piece.
Sorry to hear that. I'm glad I got ahold of mine before it got beaten up too bad.

OP
OP
OhioHoe

OhioHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a before and after of the bumper/signal lights I replaced. It's crazy how yellow the old ones got. I guess it's to be expected considering they're fairly cheap. I'm going to try to keep some wax on these ones and hopefully they'll last a little longer.

78DCEB4B-1F75-4024-9C7B-C63169BDE6A6_zpsprprexn0.jpg

EE1317CD-D4BE-48CA-AE18-8F8FDC00E2C7_zpskbrlhkxa.jpg

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take them back off and have a local shop shoot a few coats of clear on them. Helps keep the cheaper plastic sealed from the elements so they last longer.

OP
OP
OhioHoe

OhioHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take them back off and have a local shop shoot a few coats of clear on them. Helps keep the cheaper plastic sealed from the elements so they last longer.
I thought about that also. I might have my stepdad go ahead and do that when he paints the other parts.

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
TBSS wheels for sure...they look so good on a Tahoe! Here is a good compromise for yours.....

s-l1600.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-22-PVD-Bl...rome-Sierra-/351468091620?hash=item51d52178e4

With your paint job I think these would be a winner.......

OP
OP
OhioHoe

OhioHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TBSS wheels for sure...they look so good on a Tahoe! Here is a good compromise for yours.....

s-l1600.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-22-PVD-Black-Chrome-Chevy-GM-1500-SS-Silverado-Wheels-Rims-Set-
Chrome-Sierra-/351468091620?hash=item51d52178e4:g:NFoAAOSwLVZVuk6u

With your paint job I think these would be a winner.......

Nice find! I've been looking for a couple weeks for a set of the sierra replicas in black chrome but it seems like they're all sold out. I definitely love the look of black chrome but didn't realize the tbss reps came in that finish. I'm not very familiar with the PVD finish, any idea how it's different/how it holds up?

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice find! I've been looking for a couple weeks for a set of the sierra replicas in black chrome but it seems like they're all sold out. I definitely love the look of black chrome but didn't realize the tbss reps came in that finish. I'm not very familiar with the PVD finish, any idea how it's different/how it holds up?

No problem...my work is done here lol. Not sure on the PVD finish but others might. Factory Reproductions is a good company...Tony(@NORCAL SS ) uses them I believe....he can get good prices on wheels...possibly even these.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrSpork