Got my old tahoe back

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OhioHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well about a year and a half ago I made the mistake of getting rid of my 02 tahoe. My stepdad and I had spent about 6 months building it and had a ton of time in it. I ended up trading it for a 2005 Acura TL because I figured I should get something better on gas considering my college is about three hours from home, and I go home often. It was a super nice car, and I did a lot of work to it, but I regretted getting rid of the tahoe since the day I traded it. So I decided recently that I was going to try to get it back. I tracked it down and it ended up only being about an hour from home.

I texted the guy that owned it and he ended up being interested in trading, so I got it back. It wasn't taken care of quite as well as it should've been but there's nothing major. When I got rid of it, it was flawless. Now it has a few scratches on the bumper, roll pan, and door handles, and a few other minor things. It still runs and drives great though. I plan on getting it fixed back up this spring. The guy I originally traded it to was an idiot and apparently bent up the 24's, so it's just on the 17's now.

My plan for now is to repaint the bumper, roll pan, and two driver's side door handles in a few weeks. Then in the next month or so I want to get another set of wheels. I'm gonna go with 22's this time around because I need a little more tire for these rough roads. I'm thinking chrome finish again but I'm not positive on which wheel I want. I've got it narrowed down to either the sierra reps, CK375's, or maybe tbss. Let me know what you guys think!

Here's a pic of the TL
E006CE9F-1D3A-42C7-BA77-196B3C498783_zpsjqyfqxua.jpg

Some pics of the tahoe before I got rid of it:
7CAE27F2-5355-4669-9732-0A369CE762D1_zpsw9qrapda.jpg

4002222C-CC5D-4783-BB5A-640DB47711AE_zps9acyujgz.jpg

AB0D6323-1CE9-4763-A48A-BFB6EB99F022_zpsa5rq6vga.jpg

This is how it sits now. So far I've replaced the yellowed bumper lights, installed another set of Morimoto 50 watt HIDs because they replaced the old ones with regular halogen bulbs for some reason, and given it a good cleaning and wax.
9D2F9AFB-F33A-43C2-AEB3-B33E4B021782_zpswdogfu4q.jpg

DFBB376C-784D-4AC9-96D5-7189DD6DFC9C_zps11kbchiy.jpg

83836964-287F-4F2A-BFEF-CA2835F1CADB_zpsstkqrd1i.jpg

2DFF93D4-8627-4770-BD4E-E1F94259ADCD_zpsvkjccywe.jpg

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is so badass to track down that NBS beauty. TBSS FTW!! From the pics, it still looks good from afar. Never mind the minor imperfections for the moment and enjoy having her back. Nice work detective. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
OhioHoe

OhioHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is so badass to track down that NBS beauty. TBSS FTW!! From the pics, it still looks good from afar. Never mind the minor imperfections for the moment and enjoy having her back. Nice work detective. :thumbsup:
Thanks man, I appreciate it! I just got back on this site a few weeks ago and looked through your build thread. Yours is badass. I was set on the machined tbss 24's like you have, but as much as I hate to, I think I need to downsize to 22s. I also think I should stick to chrome to tie in the chrome on the escalade running boards.

OP
OP
OhioHoe

OhioHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And as far as the imperfections, there really isn't anything that the majority of people would notice. I'm just very particular about it and know that if I had kept it, it wouldn't have them. Lol

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I knew @NeverSatisfied would be on here as soon as another badass NBS rocked up on the scene...haha

Thx man..appreciate the compliments. NS was one of my first inspirations for my build. Yeah I figured you might have to go the chrome route. It will tie it in for sure with the chrome running boards. Particular about defects...phhhhffftt and this site totally makes it worse!! haha I absolutely hate the small defects I have that nobody would every notice...but I do and just try to focus on the overall work and enjoy how cool it is to drive the truck.

And it seems lately that there have been so real NBS stunners with some cool mods going on TYF right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake 2015 GMC Yuk