Got my old tahoe back

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Doesn't count-biased opinion obviously...:lol:

But really those 24's are a perfect fit........the 22's do look smaller.......which is weird cuz my 375's in 22 look big to me....I'd say do the 4's.

OP
OP
OhioHoe

OhioHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesn't count-biased opinion obviously...:lol:

But really those 24's are a perfect fit........the 22's do look smaller.......which is weird cuz my 375's in 22 look big to me....I'd say do the 4's.

Yeah it's weird how they look so small on that white tahoe. I wonder if it's because of the fender gap. I think the lower it is, the better it looks with 22s. I was really set on 22s, but that picture is a little disheartening haha

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah it's weird how they look so small on that white tahoe. I wonder if it's because of the fender gap. I think the lower it is, the better it looks with 22s. I was really set on 22s, but that picture is a little disheartening haha

I think so because after I got my drop done mine seemed bigger visually...I think 22's are perfect for around here anyways cuz the roads are not the greatest....a lil more sidewall for pothole forgiveness....

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Damn lucky to not only find it, but get the guy to sell it back to you, ...and in 9 out 10 condition.
I say go machine face not chrome on the wheels. Then vinyl wrap the chrome on the steps with machine look. Like stated by onetwo

I can't decide if I want to ptm my bumper and caps (like fosscore) or get a ss cover and then i see yours and it looks good so it makes me wanna get the cover lol.

Clean lookin ride, glad you got it back and you came back

OP
OP
OhioHoe

OhioHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn lucky to not only find it, but get the guy to sell it back to you, ...and in 9 out 10 condition.
I say go machine face not chrome on the wheels. Then vinyl wrap the chrome on the steps with machine look. Like stated by onetwo

I can't decide if I want to ptm my bumper and caps (like fosscore) or get a ss cover and then i see yours and it looks good so it makes me wanna get the cover lol.

Clean lookin ride, glad you got it back and you came back

Thanks man, I definitely got lucky. It could have been in a lot worse shape for sure. As far as the wheels, before I even got the tahoe back, I was set on getting a set of the 24" tbss reps in machined finish. I started to stray away from that idea, but it seems like everyone on here is thinking the same as I was. I'm just debating between 22s and 24s.

With the bumper, either paint matched or the ss cover will look great. To me, I think it depends on whether or not you plan to rock running boards. With the ss cover, it's pretty bulky and hangs a little lower so I think it needs running boards to look right. With a paint matched stock bumper it would look fine with or without.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The running boards pick up the heavy front end well. I tried to put the chin spoiler back on when I lowered mine to look a bit lower up front, but the front was too heavy without the boards, so the spoiler had to come off.

And the TBSS you will only see in 20s on a TB around you if you are lucky. I have only seen 2 TB around me and never a Tahoe, let alone an NBS. I cannot imagine Ohio having someone rocking them in 24s around you.

Biased opinion of course, but since they only made them in 20s for the TB, that makes them less popular.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Makes sense. I just took off my running boards with no plans of reinstall. Plan to get a 05 lip then go from there. Like the duraflex denali cover too. But also thinking hd clip. Too many choices.
But first I'm focused on drop and wheels before I proceed with anything else.

OP
OP
OhioHoe

OhioHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Makes sense. I just took off my running boards with no plans of reinstall. Plan to get a 05 lip then go from there. Like the duraflex denali cover too. But also thinking hd clip. Too many choices.
But first I'm focused on drop and wheels before I proceed with anything else.

Hd front end always looks great. But I agree with doing drop and wheels first

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed. Drop and wheels first then search for the HD hood unless you find a deal close to you. Or just lash out and do all 3 at once, then there is no waiting....and no monies in your pocket!

OP
OP
OhioHoe

OhioHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a small update..

So my stepdad recently got a 2007 Silverado crew cab ltz and over the weekend we went down to Kentucky and he picked up a set of 20" gmc take-offs. Anyways he let me have the factory 20's off the truck. They're not exactly what I had in mind but they're definitely an upgrade from the black 17's, and they'll work for now until I can afford a new set. And you sure as hell cant beat free!

Here's his truck with the new wheels. He has a belltech lowering kit on the way as well.
36D1B3F9-D28E-4007-89F3-D68548C3DFF2_zps3h5kdcu5.jpg

1C504F8F-9C9D-41E5-9ACD-87ED436ADC0E_zpsxkalk7tm.jpg

E18346CB-FC28-4299-BB2E-EBF1C27C3B68_zpsftjpu9mz.jpg