Give me ideas!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAWVORTEC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yall let me know what I should do with this 2003 yukon xl 4x4 first. It's needs to stay clean and simple. It's my wife's DD.

Attachments

• 20150502_143612.jpg
    20150502_143612.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 22

SRTH8R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Remove emblems and moldings. Escalade roof rack and Appliques. Nice set of wheels, newer OEM or aftermarket. If you want more rugged looking, all of the above with some keys, spacers, and some bilsteins.

Maic

15 Suburban LT / z71
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Remove emblems and moldings. Escalade roof rack and Appliques. Nice set of wheels, newer OEM or aftermarket. If you want more rugged looking, all of the above with some keys, spacers, and some bilsteins.

x2
on the emblems and moldings.

Pachanga02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First I would do a retrofit so that she can see at night. I wish I would have done mine sooner, huge difference. Then a 3/6 drop making it easier for the lady to get in/out of the vehicle and for groceries, we all know those can get heavy. To finish it off a nice set of wheels and some shiny chrome esky parts. Just a couple things I would do.

OP
OP
RAWVORTEC

RAWVORTEC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First I would do a retrofit so that she can see at night. I wish I would have done mine sooner, huge difference. Then a 3/6 drop making it easier for the lady to get in/out of the vehicle and for groceries, we all know those can get heavy. To finish it off a nice set of wheels and some shiny chrome esky parts. Just a couple things I would do.

Can you give me a link to some good retrofits? And how do these work? Are they an electrical hassle? Or are they plug and play?

Pachanga02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Black flame customs is a vendor and they make them or like I and others have done you make them yourself. I ordered my retro from theretrofitsource and got everything I needed to make it myself; hid bulbs, ballast, projectors, shrouds and relay harness it's pretty much everything you need. Not an electrical hassle at all just plug and play once the headlights are done. The hassle itself if you go the route I went is fitting the shroud and projector inside the headlight. Yukon headlights I think may be a bit easier to work with fitting the projector in there, not sure you might have to ask Shawn.
http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38408
This is what I have done to mine with pics of the retro installed as well as some output pics. Any others questions just ask.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Black flame customs is a vendor and they make them or like I and others have done you make them yourself. I ordered my retro from theretrofitsource and got everything I needed to make it myself; hid bulbs, ballast, projectors, shrouds and relay harness it's pretty much everything you need. Not an electrical hassle at all just plug and play once the headlights are done. The hassle itself if you go the route I went is fitting the shroud and projector inside the headlight. Yukon headlights I think may be a bit easier to work with fitting the projector in there, not sure you might have to ask Shawn.
http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38408
This is what I have done to mine with pics of the retro installed as well as some output pics. Any others questions just ask.
While not a true retrofit, purchasing Denali headlights makes this a whole lot easier. Denali headlights + hid bulbs, 2 ballasts, and a relay kit makes this plugin and play.
Performance isn't quite as good as hid projectors, but they will be tons better than stock, and won't blind anyone like pnp hids on standard halogen lenses. When you feel up to it you can replace the Denali projectors with aftermarket hid projectors.

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While not a true retrofit, purchasing Denali headlights makes this a whole lot easier. Denali headlights + hid bulbs, 2 ballasts, and a relay kit makes this plugin and play.
Performance isn't quite as good as hid projectors, but they will be tons better than stock, and won't blind anyone like pnp hids on standard halogen lenses. When you feel up to it you can replace the Denali projectors with aftermarket hid projectors.

Forgive me but I gotta... while it is true they are brighter and better dispersed than HIDs in stock reflectors, your still putting a hid bulb into a halogen projector. I have a set of depo projectors, and have hooked HIDs up in them. They still glare. There Is a ton of light getting shed above the cutoff. So while they may be brighter, they still glare and blind oncoming traffic. Sorry... had to put that out there.

OP
OP
RAWVORTEC

RAWVORTEC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had emailed them and they gave me a price of $975. Is this expected? haha. And so if I did get the denali headlights with HID's, it'd blind people?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10

Latest posts