Get da water!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
foreverfalcon40

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some people run the corvette fuel filter right on the fuel rail and some do not. Why

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
tbi are return systems, vortec 350 are return systems, the vortec 6.0 is a return-less system. and put you filter under neath the vehicle in a way the matches the 6.0 setup if using 6.0 parts or your suv if you are using existing platform parts. do not under any circumstances put a filter very near or on top of an engine.

OP
OP
foreverfalcon40

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tbi are return systems, vortec 350 are return systems, the vortec 6.0 is a return-less system. and put you filter under neath the vehicle in a way the matches the 6.0 setup if using 6.0 parts or your suv if you are using existing platform parts. do not under any circumstances put a filter very near or on top of an engine.

Thanks for the help, believe it or not a lot of people have mounted a Vette filter right near the fuel rail.

Here is why Vette Filter...Sunlit hit it...as always!
http://www.pro-touring.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=73319&d=1363890891

Here is the catch...since I just remembered. I do not have 6.0 UIM and Fuel Rail Set Up since I upgraded to the PRC CNC LS3/L92 Heads...I needed an L92 UIM with the Cathedral ports to match. Now I run to check my motor to see what I have.

Here are pics from the "modified" fuel rail.

Seems like it was one Line from the factory but he welded the AN Fitting to run both lines?

Pics
FuelRail6_zps0e5b52fe.jpg
FuelRail5_zps8110b0d0.jpg
FuelRail4_zps20abe51a.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 AM ----------

Here is some good info...need to check my motor out to see what type of rails I have. Prolly will not be till Tuesday since I have New York State Inspection Class for Diesel then 8 hour shift after! fu<k, just trying to spend some money get this thing going before the fiancee finds out and dumps it into the wedding.

It depends on what type of fuel rail you have. do you have a return type or returnless type? i wish i took pics the other day of my finished settup but i forgot so i cant post any. but just look at your rail. if you have two lines headed toward the back, one bigger than the other than you have a return type. if you only have one, its returnless. the guy hacked yours up so you may not have what im talking about anymore. how many an fittings do you have? that should tell you.

anyway, most people convert to an so you can skip a couple parts. if you have returnless, thats when youll need the corvette filter. it has an IN and RETURN on one side and the other goes to the fuel rail. here is a diagram that i found with the required parts/numbers/and shows how they are connected. you will probably not use some of this stuff depending on hows yours is set up. i bought all these parts and it worked like a charm.

fuelfittings.png

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
modified? does not even look like a normal fuel rail look like the entire thing was fabbed. i can see what looks like a normal test port. i take it the long line with the ridge on it is the fuel input?

OP
OP
foreverfalcon40

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
modified? does not even look like a normal fuel rail look like the entire thing was fabbed. i can see what looks like a normal test port. i take it the long line with the ridge on it is the fuel input?

Correct the line is the fuel port...

Just an FYI here is the exact post I got the Fuel Rail From

Here is the exact link...where I got them from
http://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...ntake-f-s-t-92mm-dbc-marine-injectors-507892/

I just ordered a Whipple 2.9L supercharger so my intake setup is for sale. Included is an L92 truck intake, 8.1L marine injectors, 92mm F.A.S.T. DBC throttle body, EV6 to Mini-tech ll harness adapters, MAP sensor and Evap. solenoid. The fuel rail has been modified so it can be used on return or returnless fuel systems. Please note that the IAC and TPS sensors are not included.

This setup has only been run since May (about 3.5 months) so the throttle body is near new and flawless. For the sake of full disclosure, I suspect that an injector may be bleeding down so I suggest having them cleaned. $700.00 shipped for the entire setup.

intakea.jpg

intakeb.jpg

fasttb.jpg

intakec.jpg

intaked.jpg

injector.jpg

Later states

L92 Truck Fuel Rails w/Evap Solenoid Modified for return or return-less: SOLD

Monstar_est87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow this stuff is exciting..! Glad 2 see ur back at it... All of us obs guys are cheering u on... If u have 2 dump the fiance for the build we'll totally understand...

OP
OP
foreverfalcon40

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow this stuff is exciting..! Glad 2 see ur back at it... All of us obs guys are cheering u on... If u have 2 dump the fiance for the build we'll totally understand...

LOL, we are getting married Aug 18th and I proposed in November. The room she wanted on a Saturday was a 2 year wait and she would not have that. So we ended up with Aug 18th on a Sunday THIS YEAR EKK. I have been in the restaurant business since I was 14 thru 24-25 which put me thru college and I was not prepared and surprised how much this wedding is costing ME (40k range that is with NEG and making Cash deals) Our problem is that we planned for 135 people in a room that you must guarantee (150 we pay the difference) but our guest list is at 225 which is partly my fault bc I changed Jobs and added 40 people LOL.

Just can't fathom all this money for one day and it is gone for shit like flowers!
Basically this wedding pput a delay on getting the truck done, NO BOOST, and Sand Hills Open Road Race in Nebraska on top of no M35A2 or Dodge Diesel. Also the little nest egg I started to save up went to new tools when I switched from car mechanic to HD Diesel Mechanic as well. I got lucky when my DD got into a Hit and run and got a check for the car that I still drive and slowing down with the tools.

Truck just needs that I have to pay for Fuel System, Radiator, E-Fans, PS Pump, Alt to get this truck drive able...just me be **** about cleaning and painting everything that is going to push it back time wise and money wise. Like I said when this truck is ever done I will have the Coolest Casket EVER!

Last edited:

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
screw that. for me 40k goes to mods, another vehicle, tools, a/v equipment or movies. i really should have done automotive or diesel work instead of aircraft. that way i could just walk down the street for work instead of traveling. could just go home every day and play with more technical things.

OP
OP
foreverfalcon40

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
screw that. for me 40k goes to mods, another vehicle, tools, a/v equipment or movies. i really should have done automotive or diesel work instead of aircraft. that way i could just walk down the street for work instead of traveling. could just go home every day and play with more technical things.

Wedding is an investment (I hope...make some money off this joint) get myself a 2-3 car garage with a lift. Why 3? One can be a body shop. I'd really hate paying for body work, want to learn myself. Plus Dodge's have rust issues and I want to resto mod a 60's-70's Lincoln Continental with Suicide doors or do for Olds 442 W30 for my pops. He sold his for $500 way back when so he can buy the house we grew up in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo