Gauge Mounts??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Miami-Yukon

'96 Z71 YUKON 2DR
Reaction score
How do you guys have your gauges mounted, I'm putting 3 in my 2 door, but not sure if I wanna buy one or make one....

Anyone have pics of there gauges mounted?!?

Thanks guys

I'm putting a Tranny Temp / Oil Pressure / Water Temp and I might put an air pressure gauge for my triain horns when I put them in....

OP
OP
Miami-Yukon

Miami-Yukon

'96 Z71 YUKON 2DR
Reaction score
I don't have a cowl hood & was looking more for inside mounts, but yours look sweet like that!

Thanks for the post up!

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Boost on a N/A Motor...?

What happens to it under the elements...Snow...Rain? Like that Old School

roadrageror

ROADRAGEROR
Reaction score
There is the pillar gauge mount I have seen on eBay for 3 gauges.. Don't have a link but they were pretty cheap. Pretty much same as above.

OP
OP
Miami-Yukon

Miami-Yukon

'96 Z71 YUKON 2DR
Reaction score
I bought one like that and it's not the same... the on e in my Yukon goes to the top of the a-pillar but then has a small piece that continues almost all the way back to the b-pillar (about 3/4 of the way back).... That's why I was asking what everyone else did, because I'm not sure if I wanna fab something up with the one I bought or just make one to put somewhere else (like a custom built center console)......

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not a fan of guages in the pillar. It promotes theft. How easy is it to break your driver's side window and rip the pillar out with guages? I've experienced it second hand lol. My DSM is a theft recovery. It started with someone breaking the driver's side window to steal the guages which they did. The alarm didnt go off so the stole they ****** with the ignition and then stole the car. Ended up in NJ kinda stripped. When I bought it I DID every step not to have guages in the pillar. I had them on each side of the cluster and I took out Center vents and put guages in there too!

Why water temp and oil pressure? Guages like that need to be mechanical not electrical. So that means you will have that stuff running into your truck. God forbid you spring a leak or gets weak over time and POP!

TRANNY TEMP is a great guage I am doing that as well since I'm S/C in a few months. Our trannies have known to be headaches and mine (knock on wood) has been flawless for 111k. I say do something like a N/B A/F Gauge its cool its referred to as a light show, do a Digital Volts and/or Amp Gauge. Great way to monitor Alternator and battery life as well the stress under load. We do have a volts gauge in a our cluster but who really watches that?

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
DSCN0075.jpg