Fuel Sending Unit/Gauge - SOLVED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SOLVED. Pump installed and tank back up in place. Wow, much easier dropping the damn thing. Fuel gauge/quantity working perfectly. Filled up. Correct "full" reading then drove for about 50 miles. No issues what so ever. Remained steady with no fluctuations. Didn't mention this in my comments when I replaced the fuel pump almost 2 years ago - but I was having no luck with getting the lock ring off with a screwdriver/punch and hammer - so I purchased a tool. Made removal and install pretty easy.

View attachment 422245
View attachment 422246

How much was that tool and where did you get it?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I didn't need a tool for mine, either time -- we used two channel lock pliers on opposing sides to move the ring. It obviously helps to have two people when doing it.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't need a tool for mine, either time -- we used two channel lock pliers on opposing sides to move the ring. It obviously helps to have two people when doing it.

Mine was a bastard.

OP
OP
RAMurphy

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How much was that tool and where did you get it?
Bought it off amazon about two years ago. When I get a chance, I'll look it up. But I believe around $30 or so. My dad always said or words to the affect - A job is only as easy as the tool you have to complete the job. Something like that....

One of the reasons I have so many odd tools. Need a filing system to identify and find them afterwards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts