Frustrated Pt. 2!!! News!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

llllljrlllll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As you all remember, on my original thread, I had posted that the main reason, why I had taken my Hoe in, was because of the bump that I felt upon initial take off. I assumed it was the transmission. And since my Hoe is at 90k miles, and still under warranty, I took her in. Camino Real Chevrolet, replaced the transmission, on their paperwork, they stated that I told them, that there was slippage in first gear, and they stated the their own mechanic found slippage, on 4th and 5th gear. Of course I never told them that. Now as far as the airbag sensor, I must off disconnected it by mistake, when I was cleaning the interior of the car, they fixed that.(cool) Well check it out, I get the car back from the Camino Real, everything is perfect, she's running smooth, I drive her the whole day. No problem, then I'm at a stop light, and I step on the gas, cause I wanted to pass a car on the right lane, and there I realized, that the fu*&in bump is still there. WTF. I took her in to get this shit fixed (excuse my language), so I drove back to Camino Real, where I spoke to the service rep., this guy looked at me, like saying "here he comes again". I told him that the problem was still there. All of a sudden, Mr. Expert tells me "It sounds like it's the drive shaft, it needs to be packed in with grease, it must be dry, warranty doesn't cover that. It'll cost you $79.99 to get it lubed". WTF. "So it wasn't the transmission that was given me the problem, it was the drive shaft", and he said "yes". So I said "thank you, for the new transmission, I guess". He told me, that because of the high mileage on the car, that it was better to change the transmission. So I decided to take the car to a local mechanic shop, thinking it was probably cheaper, the guy there quoted me $25 to get drive shaft lubed. (Hooray) I told the mechanic that I would bring it the next day. Today the local mechanic shop was full, so I took it to Tune up masters, and asked them, how much it would cost to get the drive shaft lubed. The guy there looked at me like if I was crazy. He tells me, that since the year 99 ( I could be wrong on the year) chevy drive shaft don't need lube, he showed me an astro van, that was up on the lift, and showed me the drive shaft, "you see, no lube, it don't need it". I told him (mechanic) to drive the car, to see if he can tell me what that bump was. He said you drive. He told me to step on it. I did. BUMP. "I know what it is. It's the motor mount, it's cracked. Pop the hood and I'll show you", he had another mechanic step on the brakes, and give it gas, on drive of course, and there I saw the engine go up. "He says left side motor mount is fu*&ed, needs a new one. Still under warranty?" I said "yes". Take it back to the dealer, and tell them is the motor mount, warranty should cover that. And the guy didn't even charge me, I drove 10 feet, and he knew exactly what was wrong with my hoe. I gave him a $20 tip. 3 weeks of hell, with Camino Real, Enterprise, a new transmission (that I didin't need), oil pump that Camino Real ****** up, a service rep. that thinks he know everything about cars, and yet knows nothing. And this mechanic from tune up masters, in a matter of 5 minutes, tells me exactly what is wrong with my hoe, and shows me, so i can visually see what is wrong with my hoe, so I can go back to Camino Real so they can fix it right, this time. I felt like punching the rep at Camino Real. All the frustration for nothing. But oh well, I take her in on Monday to Martin Chevrolet so they can fix it. I'm happy now, though, now I can look at my wife, and tell her. No, no, no, we are not trading her in. Ha. Maybe for a newer hoe. My confidence restored on my hoe, I knew it wasn't her. F--k Camino Real Chevrolet, and all their service reps. Thank you, Alex, from Tune up master, in Monterey Park, CA. you the man. Thanks for reading my thread. HAPPY NEW YEAR:party33: Keep on hoeing.

Last edited:

ECU-Yukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
A motor mount should not be that hard to diagnose, the dealership is a bunch of shmucks! I had the same thing in my cruiser (07 tahoe special service). Only reason I knew what it felt like is because I drove caddys for years and also worked as a mechanic for them and replaced motor mounts constantly!!! It in not uncommon on front wheel drive cars, but it is somewhat rare on a rear wheel or 4wd truck. Glad you got it fixed though. The "grease the drive shaft" he was talking about was mainly on obs and nbs trucks and suv's, it was the input on the transmission the yoke would be dry and bind up under braking and then clunk when it slid forward on accel. find a new dealer for warranty work.
E.P.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's amazing how simple some car problems can be, but how difficult if can be to find the right PERSON who actually KNOWS what the problem is.

I had a blower installed on my '93 Mustang Cobra back in the day, and the thing sputtered @ 3500 rpms, right where it should have been MAKING power, not losing it. I went all over the place asking people what it could be. I heard everything from injectors (Cobra came with larger-than-GT injectors) to a new fuel pump (the kit came with a new fuel pump). One guy at a garage not too far from me asked "What's the gap on the spark plugs?" I didn't do the install, so I had no idea, and was clueless as that anyway. He checked them, said that the gap was never changed from the factory setting (the blower instructions didn't mention changing the gap), and told me that the turbulence from the blower was literally blowing the sparks out. He shortened up the gap, and the car ran like a beast -- like it should have.

It's one thing if an "expert" doesn't know how to diagnose a particular problem on your car. It's another thing entirely when they act so SURE about it when they really have no clue.

Glad you worked out your bump!

jcrack_corn

Reaction score
cool story and it sounds like your spark gap WAS wrong....but it has nothing to do with "turbulence from the blower" lol.

It's amazing how simple some car problems can be, but how difficult if can be to find the right PERSON who actually KNOWS what the problem is.

I had a blower installed on my '93 Mustang Cobra back in the day, and the thing sputtered @ 3500 rpms, right where it should have been MAKING power, not losing it. I went all over the place asking people what it could be. I heard everything from injectors (Cobra came with larger-than-GT injectors) to a new fuel pump (the kit came with a new fuel pump). One guy at a garage not too far from me asked "What's the gap on the spark plugs?" I didn't do the install, so I had no idea, and was clueless as that anyway. He checked them, said that the gap was never changed from the factory setting (the blower instructions didn't mention changing the gap), and told me that the turbulence from the blower was literally blowing the sparks out. He shortened up the gap, and the car ran like a beast -- like it should have.

It's one thing if an "expert" doesn't know how to diagnose a particular problem on your car. It's another thing entirely when they act so SURE about it when they really have no clue.

OP
OP
L

llllljrlllll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A motor mount should not be that hard to diagnose, the dealership is a bunch of shmucks! I had the same thing in my cruiser (07 tahoe special service). Only reason I knew what it felt like is because I drove caddys for years and also worked as a mechanic for them and replaced motor mounts constantly!!! It in not uncommon on front wheel drive cars, but it is somewhat rare on a rear wheel or 4wd truck. Glad you got it fixed though. The "grease the drive shaft" he was talking about was mainly on obs and nbs trucks and suv's, it was the input on the transmission the yoke would be dry and bind up under braking and then clunk when it slid forward on accel. find a new dealer for warranty work.
E.P.
You know, now that I think about it. I drove an old honda accord, front wheel drive, with the same bump upon initial take off. I drove it like that for years, knowing what the problem was, just to lazy to take her in an have it fixed. And it never hit me, that might of been the same problem with my hoe. Damn. Oh well. Keep on hoeing.

---------- Post added at 01:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

Thanks brother, I'm so happy now. Specially with the wife wanting to trade her in for another suv, not of the chevy kind, if you know what I mean. I'm so happy I can tell her it wasn't our hoe. Happy New Year

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I say we make a list of terrible dealerships. I'll start.

Ewing Buick/GMC in Plano, TX

06whitess

Reaction score
Winegardner Chevy of Leonardtown, MD.
MJ Sullivan Chevrolet in New London, CT.
Grossman Chevrolet of Old Saybrook, CT.

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Camino Real Chevrolet, Monterey Park, CA
MJ Sullivan Chevrolet, New London, CT
Grossman Chevrolet, Old Saybrook, CT
Winegardner Chevy, Leonardtown, MD
Ewing Buick/GMC, Plano, TX

Forum statistics

Threads
Members