Frustrated Pt. 2!!! News!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HaMaNy-LT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had the same issue but thanks to your post i managed to get an excellent take-off without this problem :)

thanks for the post...

Kuwait Dealership: Al-Ghanim Automotive, Kuwait City

Never go to them if you are in Kuwait (NOTE: They are only reliable for oil and filter + brake pads changing ONLY THESE 2 THINGS)

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am experiencing a similar problem with my tranny. I had it go out on the freeway at 63k. GM pieced it together and got no NEW tranny. I took it back in because when I let go of the accelerator and cruised for a few seconds, it is slamming hard into gear when I hit the gas. GM once again pieced it back together. They told me that the lowest gear was going out. Needless to say, my Hoe is still slamming and I am very frustrated. I have taken it to two different GM dealers. WTF? Why am I being jerked around. I will do what you did and have checked out elsewhere and then take it to GM AGAIN.........

jdogg

Hello,

I do apologize for the troubles that you have had with this vehicle. I see that you are going to try a different dealership. Please let me know if everything is taken care of to your satisfaction. I will be more than happy to contact the dealership on your behalf and assist in making sure this is fixed.

Geoff Allen
Buick Customer
Geoffwentworth/cac/socialmedia

SmittysTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Old thread I know, but here is another dealership to be aware of....

We are new to Chevy as this is our first, a 2016 Chevy Tahoe. We love the SUV and have enjoyed it now for just about a year. We bought it from Paradise Chevrolet in Temecula and had a great experience there. My parents have purchased several vehicles from them and live in the area. For the first service we took it to Martin Chevrolet in Torrance (closest place to where we live) and wow what a horrible experience. We were getting ready for a road trip and took the Tahoe in the day prior for the service (change oil, oil filter, check air filter, rotate tires and a overall check of vehicle). Once I get the Tahoe home I went over the service check list. I remembered that I put wheel locks on and forgot to tell the service guy. Surprisingly, the tire rotation was checked off as completed on the checklist. HMMMM, maybe they found the key in the glove box? I went out and checked the Tahoe. I knew the front left was a new tire as we picked up a nail within the first month or two of having it. Sure enough that tire was still at the front left (checked the born on date). Now I started to look at the Tahoe very close to see really what was actually done and not done. The air filter cover had some dust on it with zero disturbance as if it wasn't even touched. I go underneath and see oil everywhere! Oil on the oil filter (dripping), oil on the cross member and oil on the oil pan. Pretty upset at this point, called Martin and told them the situation. Now we had to take the Tahoe back in the morning as we were scheduled to leave by 9am for our trip. I get there at 7am and meet the service manager and he apologizes and offers to detail the Tahoe. I reiterate that we are in a hurry and need to get on the road for our trip. They take the Tahoe and complete the tire rotation, air filter check/change and clean the oil off the undercarriage. DONE! We get outa there and head out for our trip. This is Thanksgiving time FYI.

Okay now its time for another service and we figure we will get the detail done and our last free oil change from the factory. Paradise Chevrolet gives us free oil change service for life however, we have to take it there.

We drop it off and advise them of the minor issue we had with the roof rack coming loose and they order those parts. We get a text that they will need to keep the Tahoe overnight as the roof rack parts wont be in until the morning. I end up dropping my wife off at the dealership on the way to kids practices. I get a call from her and something is wrong with the seatbelts, both front seatbelts wont retract. back into service she goes and they take the B pillar apart and notice that when they took it apart the first time for the roof rack fix they forgot to re connect the seat belt return. The service guy was very apologetic and even mentioned, "wow you guys had a bad experience the first time and now again". He gets the Tahoe back to my wife in about 30 minutes and offers another detail.

Its fair to say we will not be taking our Tahoe back there again, free detail or not!!! We will make the drive to Temecula from now on......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe