Frustrated Pt. 2!!! News!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HaMaNy-LT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the same problem and THANKS to "stevek" because he referred me to this post.

I have gone through the whole procedure with the Kuwait Dealership but still in Kuwait NO ONE knows what is the problem. Thanks to you now I know the problem and I will go check it out. I would be really satisfied because this is the only thing that I hate about my Tahoe, other than that the car is amazing :)

BEST WISHES,

your friend from KUWAIT

Abdulrahman AlAli ;)

jossix

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
can you tell us how much it costs to fill your gas tank in kuwait?

OP
OP
L

llllljrlllll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same problem and THANKS to "stevek" because he referred me to this post.

I have gone through the whole procedure with the Kuwait Dealership but still in Kuwait NO ONE knows what is the problem. Thanks to you now I know the problem and I will go check it out. I would be really satisfied because this is the only thing that I hate about my Tahoe, other than that the car is amazing :)

BEST WISHES,

your friend from KUWAIT

Abdulrahman AlAli ;)
HaMaNy-LT, So was that the problem in you hoe? Hopefully, you can get it fixed. Same warranties should cover in kuwait. And if it is under 100k, they should repair the motor mount under the warranty. Just remember, when you test it out. Push the brake in, put it in drive, DON'T LET GO OFF THE BRAKE, and give it gas, if it makes the bump, you got your problem (motor mount). The mechanic said it doesn't happen often to rear wheel drive vehicles, but it does. Keep hoeing. Your friend from Los Angeles, U.S.A.

Last edited:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have not read all the responses but the OP is unreal. I'm flabbergasted by the incompetence some "mechanics" have. I have never taken their tests to get certified but I wonder how some of them even got their certifications!

OP
OP
L

llllljrlllll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not read all the responses but the OP is unreal. I'm flabbergasted by the incompetence some "mechanics" have. I have never taken their tests to get certified but I wonder how some of them even got their certifications!
The sad thing about this is that it was the service guy, who "knew" exactly what was wrong with my truck, but also the incompetence of the mechanics at this dealer. They could of test drove the hoe, and figured it out. If they were smart enough.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's stuff like this that make you question everything any mechanic says until you can absolutely trust that they now their stuff :whymewhyme:

OP
OP
L

llllljrlllll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATE. I still haven't taken the hoe in. Haven't had time, I'll see if I can do it next week, since i'm going to vegas that weekend. Keep on hoeing

phileaglesfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate dealers like that. Young Chevrolet in Layton is one dealer I had problems with before. A/C in Trailblazer was not working (3 years old). Warranty didn't cover it since they said it was "normal servicing". A week later, no A/C again. They then had me drop it off at 8am for them to look at it around 3pm and say it was a bad recycle switch. It was not covered under the extended warranty that they sold me because "It was a manually operated switch). The switch is in the engine bay but it is manually operated because I push the A/C switch on the panel. I went right to the owner and complained. They "goodwilled" the switch. I asked if the engine was cover since it is controlled by a switch in the pax compartment. The next summer, no A/C again. This time it was a fan clutch. They thought it was "normal operation" but eventually replaced the fan clutch when I showed them the TSB.

I asked about upgrading the OnStar. Should be about $150 for 1 year of service. They wanted to charge me about $500 for the parts. I went to another dealer. Wife totalled the vehicle and we bought an Impala from another Chevy dealer. They now service my Corvette also.

I would have the previous manager show you where they lube the drive shaft at. The mount would be one of my first choices since it is easier/cheaper to fix. No wonder GM must charge about 30-50% more. They have to pay for all the good parts that was replaced.

jdogg

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am experiencing a similar problem with my tranny. I had it go out on the freeway at 63k. GM pieced it together and got no NEW tranny. I took it back in because when I let go of the accelerator and cruised for a few seconds, it is slamming hard into gear when I hit the gas. GM once again pieced it back together. They told me that the lowest gear was going out. Needless to say, my Hoe is still slamming and I am very frustrated. I have taken it to two different GM dealers. WTF? Why am I being jerked around. I will do what you did and have checked out elsewhere and then take it to GM AGAIN.........

jdogg

OP
OP
L

llllljrlllll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am experiencing a similar problem with my tranny. I had it go out on the freeway at 63k. GM pieced it together and got no NEW tranny. I took it back in because when I let go of the accelerator and cruised for a few seconds, it is slamming hard into gear when I hit the gas. GM once again pieced it back together. They told me that the lowest gear was going out. Needless to say, my Hoe is still slamming and I am very frustrated. I have taken it to two different GM dealers. WTF? Why am I being jerked around. I will do what you did and have checked out elsewhere and then take it to GM AGAIN.........

jdogg
Camino Real Customer service rep., called me today. To ask me "If I was satisfied with their service?" Of course, if you guys have been following my thread, you would know the answer to that. The girl was courteous, and understanding. I also linked her, my 2 threads where I complained about their service, and asked her to give it to the owner. JDOGG do that. If you take it to a mechanic that knows his shit, he'll tell you exactly what's wrong with your hoe, and then take it back to the dealer, and tell them how to do their job. And have it fix right. Good luck, and keep on hoeing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442