Fresh scratches on black Tahoe.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spitse

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just picked up a new to us '09 tahoe, black. Today at lunch I went out to get something from the hoe and found paw marks on the drivers door. The nails left scratch marks as it slid down to the wheels.
So, what are things to try and hide them? There not deep or wide. This is the first vehicle I really have had that such scratches are obvious or I cared about. I don't have much experience in the waxing world.

Thank goodness the dog is not around or I might have had a come to Jesus talk with it.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn this is reminds me of why I didn't want another black truck. :(

It really depends how deep the scratches are ... sometimes a body shop can buff them out and then a detailer can polish it to remove the swirl marks. Sometimes you just have to wait till inevitably a lot more scratches show up and just bite the bullet and have the panel painted.

It used to stress me out something crazy ... made myself walk a mile at shopping center lots from the farthest parking space.

It sucks.

RoHoe09

Full Access Member
Reaction score
two cats fought on my hood and left deep scratches....buffing didn't get it out.

emay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any electrical light buffing tools at your disposal. With a Porter Cable DA buffer I can do some pretty amazing things with some wolf gang light scratch remover even on black.

Couple things, when you run your finger nail across it lightly, does it hitch at all? If so, that's too deep to get out with normal consumer means. If it doesn't, then you can get it out.

OP
OP
S

Spitse

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We had a black Yukon prior to the Tahoe and never had a problem, but we always had some kind of dirt from the back roads we have to take each day. This just ticked me off because the ink is not even dry at the dealer.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn this is reminds me of why I didn't want another black truck. :(

I have a Black Suburban and a Greystone Metallic Suburban, I literally feel my blood pressure go up as I am washing the Black Suburban because the more you wash it the more you put fine scratches in it, and the more you find things wrong with it.

The grey looks better as I wash it causing a soothing effect :hands:

preshus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you all feel sick about yours you should see mine . . . since my tires stick out a

good width its kicked a couple rocks up and put some bad dings in my doors

not to mention the parking lot scratches when your looking for em and to top that

off i take it to car wash like a dum a** i am and whipe a big chunk of paint off

my back bumper . . . so its going to macco along with the gf ' s car to get touched up . . . just thoughted id make yall feel better bout your situations

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA