Scuff marks on plastic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old AF Vet

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 23 Tahoe with the Jet Black Interior and the OEM Cargo Shade. Every time the shade is removed to use the third row seats every place the plastic end of the shade touches the plastic side panels it leaves terrible light gray scuff marks on the side panels. I am not talking deep scratches, just light rubs seem to leave these unsightly marks. My year old car looks worse than the interior of the bed of a pickup used for hauling construction materials. Does anyone know of a way to restore/repair these scuff marks? I hesitate to try the usual remedies like Meguiars or Armor All for fear of making things worse without some first hand advice from someone who has solved the problem. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ll be watching this thread too. Mine looks like an angry wolverine was kept back there. You’re smart to get ahead of it.

tahoe81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 23 Tahoe with the Jet Black Interior and the OEM Cargo Shade. Every time the shade is removed to use the third row seats every place the plastic end of the shade touches the plastic side panels it leaves terrible light gray scuff marks on the side panels. I am not talking deep scratches, just light rubs seem to leave these unsightly marks. My year old car looks worse than the interior of the bed of a pickup used for hauling construction materials. Does anyone know of a way to restore/repair these scuff marks? I hesitate to try the usual remedies like Meguiars or Armor All for fear of making things worse without some first hand advice from someone who has solved the problem. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Got a 2022 and ordered the cargo shade with the vehicle and at the dealer they attempted to install the cargo shade for me before I drove it home and the guy scratched the plastic a bit trying to install it and once I saw that I told them forget it and that I needed my money back for it. Wasn't going to deal with that on a brand new vehicle.

It's insane to me they made that thing so difficult to install and that no one saw how bad it was going to scratch up the surrounding plastic installing it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz

Latest posts