Touch screen is black but still works . . .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tms1989

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
In the last month the center touch screen has gone black for a few minutes before coming back on. Well the other day it went black and stayed that way.

I can’t quite figure out what it is. So far I have:

- Disconnected the battery to let the truck reset

- Checked the HDMI cord into the HMI

- Made sure all other connectors are tight

I don’t think it’s the HMI because the Bluetooth, radio and all other features still work. All the buttons under the screen (volume, Menu, etc) still work just fine. Even weirder is the “touch” still works where you can still change the stations by touching the screen where the preset buttons would be on the touch screen.

Any other suggestions before I have it diagnosed?

(2015 Tahoe LT)

ghazallsyria

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If do you want my advice, change the wire that connects HMI and headunit .

This issue has been fixed with me .

lovelylin80

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
In the last month the center touch screen has gone black for a few minutes before coming back on. Well the other day it went black and stayed that way.

I don’t think it’s the HMI because the Bluetooth, radio and all other features still work. All the buttons under the screen (volume, Menu, etc) still work just fine. Even weirder is the “touch” still works where you can still change the stations by touching the screen where the preset buttons would be on the touch screen.

(2015 Tahoe LT)
So I had the same issue brought to gm I had to replace the screen however the new one worked but cut out again they jumped the video cable and it worked they said it was the video cord now I'm trying to find one as gm doesn't even know the part number ugh

lovelylin80

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

(2015 Tahoe LT)
Did you find a fix

OP
OP
T

Tms1989

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you find a fix
Unfortunately not yet. The screen worked again for a short while before dying. I put a DVD on the other day and it played on the touchscreen so at this point I’m leaning towards the cord or HMI being bad. I haven’t had the time to try and play with it just yet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davekalk