Fosscore's 2013 Suburban LTZ Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More pictures of today's color matching project.

IMG_1200.JPG

IMG_1204.JPG

A look at the back side of the rear bow tie emblem.
IMG_1206.JPG

automotivetouchup.com products.
IMG_1205.JPG

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking great dude!! I colormatched my "fin" a while back, too, and is a great subtle mod :waytogo:

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thx man. I remember when you did that. Subtle, but makes the difference, especially on the WDT where that black fin really stood out.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Looking 100x better just with rack and little mods like these. And i hate dealing with sellers like those, hope you left 1 star reviews. Those type of people should not be selling. You know esky 3Rd brake lights are cheap and easy to find for these lol, just a thought:D

Curious, why did you tape off the tail ights for the detail ?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Looking 100x better just with rack and little mods like these. And i hate dealing with sellers like those, hope you left 1 star reviews. Those type of people should not be selling. You know esky 3Rd brake lights are cheap and easy to find for these lol, just a thought:D

Curious, why did you tape off the tail ights for the detail ?
I'm guessing so he doesn't get wax on the plastic lights or so he doesn't burn them from buffing. Just a guess.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LUYED 800 Lumen LED Fog Lights

New LED fog lights arrived Amazon Prime, but I wanted to wait until dark to show the difference. Shocking how yellow those OEM headlights are and how white those fog lights are. I know, it needs a retro, just like my 06 Tahoe, so don't beat me up too badly. :rolleyes:

Found these LUYED LED fog lights on Amazon. I bought the same brand for the 06 and they are bright. These are $16 shipped. 900 lumen H16 LEDs. This same brand has a few other options, ranging up to $40, but I didn't see the need to spend more money for more lumens when they won't be used every night.

Here's the link.
https://www.amazon.com/LUYED-Lumens...82107930&sr=8-1&keywords=luyed+h16+fog+lights

FullSizeRender-2.jpg

OEM vs LED fog lights.
IMG_1217.JPG

Full LED fog lights.
IMG_1220.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@05Single
@Tonyrodz

Here are the products I used. When I started the full detail a few weeks ago, I guess I didn't realize how dull the paint actually was. Even though it looked good to the eye from afar, it was pretty stubborn. The hood alone had some hard water spots that took a couple passes to lift them. So I had to step down a bit after I gave her a good clay bar and use some Meguiar's Ultimate Compound on the wheel/foam pad and that really took care of the built up of stuff on the paint.

So I taped everything off and didn't want to accidentally cut/scuff the lights just in case at that step. When I moved up to steps 2 and 3 of the 3M bottles, I hit the lights with the wheel/foam pad to give them a bit of a polish as well. There are two small scuffs that I could not get out, but the rest of the light housing looks great.

Then the Seal, Glaze and finally 2 coats of 845. The water is still beading off nicely and that WDT paint can keep it looking clean for quite a while thankfully.

13794593.jpg

I did not use step 1 Rubbing Compound as it was a bit more aggressive than I wanted to use, but still not as bad as the orange 3M which is great if you are wet sanding.
FullSizeRender-2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meandmyhoe20