Fosscore's 2006 Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And who said 4.8 cant look good . Alot of reading that was well worth it ! one of the cleanest Tahoe's on here :waytogo:. The color match bumpers got me stuck ! im droolin over here. Im takin mad notes LMAO
Truck looks awesome tho dude. Time for me to put in some work

Thanks man. Nothing wrong with the 4.8L at all. Yeah the color match was what really brought the body of this project together (notwithstanding the drop and wheels). Getting rid of the chrome bumpers tied the front and back in nicely. It was hard to visualize at first, but certain TYF members had a BIG hand in offering ideas, pushing mods forward and emptying my wallet from afar.

Good luck moving forward.

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Fosscore

Thanks man. Need to seem some black beauty in the snow pics on your build thread ASAP!

Lol. Not on the first snowfall.....everybody magically forgets how to drive and run into things and off the road and stuff.....I'll get some after they have a little practice. But for now-view from my backyard this am.....ended up with almost 7 inches of the fluffy stuff.

Backyard.JPG

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is an awesome view!!

This is the closest I will get to that white fluffy stuff. Still 77F outside during the downpours. Pulled her out of the car port to get a free shower and wash off the dust from the week after 0 miles added to the odometer. Still needs to look good sitting there.

image.jpeg

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a pic when it was at the paint shop. They sanded, primed, top coated and clear coated it. I just supplied them the paint, which I ordered directly from http://www.automotivetouchup.com

I have ordered a few quarts and rattle cans based on my glove box rpo code and it has been a perfect match every time.

Thankfully I have a long-term relationship with the painters for work related projects, so dropping off parts for my truck was already a win for me.

It came out of the spray booth perfect.

Just follow the prep steps, which are really more important than the final steps and you should end up with a sweet final product. That prep is super important for
adhesion.

Good luck.

image.jpeg

WhoDatBuul

Supporting Member
Reaction score
cool i gota go to the dealer and get my paint code my code is no where on the truck . so ima give them my VIN# to see what comes up.
i just got Esky Rear Vents.
you got me debating tho now to keep side steps or take them off
I have OEM esky 22s,but i dont know if i want to keep them or not i want wider wheels i dont mind the 22s but i want 22x10 . I seen the reps that are 24x10 i dont know if i want to go that big or not tho. only had my truck for a year or so i told myself i was gona just keep it as a DD because i have a toy car . but that didnt work LOL

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your RPO code should be on that sticker in the glove box, but if not then the VIN at the dealer will work too. If you go to www.automotivetouchup.com and go thru the drop down menus, you should be able to also decipher your paint code for your given year truck. They make it pretty darn easy. Give that a try first. You might find your color and paint code that way.

Esky vents are a win!

Esky roof rack came from a TYF member that was parting out his Tahoe. They are hard to come by, but occasionally do come up on eBay and craigslist and the TYF. I've heard that they are out of production now, so if you do find one, hold on to it. Any 00-06 Esky rack will work for your truck. Direct bolt on fit for the OEM black rack.

Side steps are a 50/50 personal choice. I never had them, so I never hunted for them. Lots of guys have them and kept them. It does make the truck appear lower once you go down and also covers up the frame below the body. It doesn't bother me to see a bit of frame. I wanted the fenders close to the tires and the wheel well gap closed. Go with what you like the look of. Can't remember what your truck looks like to make any better recommendations.

I'm running 295/35/24 on 24x10 wheels. No rubbing and fitment is great for the NBS wheel well, especially after the drop. I was nervous to jump that big from 20's, but very glad I took the leap. OEM Esky 22's are pretty darn nice and you won't really notice 1 inch wider. 285/45/22 is OEM tire size. You could always go to 305's if you want a bit wider tire look.

I went to this site a lot to compare different size tires when I was making my decision whether to go with 22s or 24s. Give it a try https://www.tacomaworld.com/tirecalc

Keeping a truck and no mods...good luck with that. LOL I never expected to get this far either, but spending too much time searching the TYF certainly contributed. I don't drive it every day as I do have a work truck, but sure do enjoy turning that key when I do.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019