Fosscore's 2006 Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry man. I know you have been around here a while. I tried to make my build thread easy for anybody to follow. Newbies or veterans. That's how I got lots of info when I started on here. Thx for the compliments. :waytogo:

crazycrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah man. It's all good. I enjoyed seeing your build. Wasn't trying to sound *******, LOL.

I think I'm aiming for the comp grey tbss wheels for mine.

#1taho

5150TAHO
Reaction score
Sorry man. I know you have been around here a while. I tried to make my build thread easy for anybody to follow. Newbies or veterans. That's how I got lots of info when I started on here. Thx for the compliments. :waytogo:
I like the transformation of your truck! :favorites37: Over the last few day I have been going over you build. Great job and the final out come is fantastic. Do you still have the 4.8 in there? :happy160::popcorn:
Any future mods planned?

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah man. It's all good. I enjoyed seeing your build. Wasn't trying to sound *******, LOL.

I think I'm aiming for the comp grey tbss wheels for mine.

No offense taken. I like the comp grey as well. The TBSS really sold me.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the transformation of your truck! :favorites37: Over the last few day I have been going over you build. Great job and the final out come is fantastic. Do you still have the 4.8 in there? :happy160::popcorn:
Any future mods planned?

Thx man. It sure has come a long way. Only the 4.8L, but I cannot complain as I got it dirt cheap from a previous employer and have been driving it since 2009. Wish I had the 5.3L, but its only got 73500 miles on the clock now, so a long ways to go. General maintenance mostly.

Future mods....I have a few inherited dings that are driving me crazy so I might have those taken care of. Maybe tighten up the stereo a bit and I've been on the search for an HD hood. Found a couple long distance, but unwilling to ship and so far nothing local. The HD hood would really set the front end off IMO. Other than that, nothing too radical as you can see I've chosen tasteful and complementary even though it may seem like a lot.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bone stock 2006 Tahoe LS. How I started driving her in February 2009.
3135_cc1280_001_25U copy.jpeg

How she sits now in November 2015.
IMG_5118.JPG

#1taho

5150TAHO
Reaction score
Bone stock 2006 Tahoe LS. How I started driving her in February 2009.
View attachment 57225

How she sits now in November 2015.
View attachment 57226
I liked the stock look. Why did you change it ? LMFAO
The look you went for or have achieved is awsome. If my beater grows on me maybe I will lower it and put nice rims on it. But for now it's just the winter beater.
I love my Z-71 Taho. I do to much with it to lower it but the caddy corner and glass will give her a different look and the 6.0 will help in the power department. The interiors on both truck were real clean. Just a detail and it's good as new. Nothing like your Indevor. Thanks for the mod modivation and the other tfy members. There are a ton of great ideas here.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
...I love my Z-71 Taho. I do to much with it to lower it ....
What do you mean by this? What do you do that you think lowering it hinders the task needed to accomplish?

#1taho

5150TAHO
Reaction score
What do you mean by this? What do you do that you think lowering it hinders the task needed to accomplish?
I tow a big camper and a heavy old boat. It squats it down real good. And the trails I go down when I am camping. Just the general use of the truck wouldnt be good lowered. But the white one would be a good candidate for that. I only drive it. And mainly in the snow.

WhoDatBuul

Supporting Member
Reaction score
And who said 4.8 cant look good . Alot of reading that was well worth it ! one of the cleanest Tahoe's on here :waytogo:. The color match bumpers got me stuck ! im droolin over here. Im takin mad notes LMAO
Truck looks awesome tho dude. Time for me to put in some work

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrSpork