Fosscore's 2006 Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
The SERVICE AIR BAG message popped up on the DIC this week. I changed the passenger side out back in 2016, so I figured it would be the drivers side this time.

In September 2016, the price was $65.68 on Amazon Prime.
In May 2018, that unit is no longer sold on Amazon. The new price online and locally was $106!

Here is the unit you need. Dorman 590-200 Front Impact Sensor

Timing for Memorial Day 25% off at Advanced Auto Parts worked in my favor and it was in stock. The price was still $86.65.

Took me about 10 minutes between storms and waiting for the driveway to dry. A 10mm wrench and the new sensor was installed and the message was off the DIC.

View attachment 200306

Here's what the sensor looks like. For those who do not know where the sensors are located, lay down under the truck and look up above the front bumper. There are (2) harnesses (one goes to the drivers sensor and one goes to the passenger sensor) that are between the centerline of the truck and where the fog lights are. There should be an orange safety clip (pull that out first) and then pinch the connector out. Use a 10mm wrench or socket to remove the attached bolt and replace the sensor.

View attachment 200307 View attachment 200308

It has been raining like crazy here for the past 2 weeks. We are near 15 inches of rain for the month of May and there has been no reason to wash either of the trucks. The Suburban is a mess, but here's a pic of the Tahoe between storms.

View attachment 200311

View attachment 200310
I need to do mine too.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can really see the difference when you're parked next to a stocker for comparison.

The guy came out after me and I could see him trying to process quickly all the differences between the two trucks.

I look back at the throwback pictures and cannot believe the difference. May have to a TBT again.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Damn your ltz 20s look waaaayyy better than mine. You're are like chrome polished, mine are like scratched chrome lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thebull12