Fosscore's 2006 Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:win:

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been off the grid since we parked the trucks, locked up the house and left for Hurricane Irma last week.

Left the trucks on the 3rd floor of a concrete parking garage alongside 100s of other cars including a couple of local dealerships inventory.

The Monte Carlo kept me company through the storm.

Finally picked up both trucks 10 days later (kids school was closed for 7 days) and thankfully only some dust and a heavy layer of salt spray from the winds. Nothing a good wash won't take care of.

No broken windows, flat tires or vandalism. Both started right up so we took the kids to BurgerFi for dinner.

Hope all the rest of Florida TYF fared ok as well. Sorry to see the Keys get hit so hard.

IMG_6915.JPG IMG_6916.JPG IMG_6917.JPG IMG_6919.JPG IMG_6920.JPG

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been off the grid since we parked the trucks, locked up the house and left for Hurricane Irma last week.

Left the trucks on the 3rd floor of a concrete parking garage alongside 100s of other cars including a couple of local dealerships inventory.

The Monte Carlo kept me company through the storm.

Finally picked up both trucks 10 days later (kids school was closed for 7 days) and thankfully only some dust and a heavy layer of salt spray from the winds. Nothing a good wash won't take care of.

No broken windows, flat tires or vandalism. Both started right up so we took the kids to BurgerFi for dinner.

Hope all the rest of Florida TYF fared ok as well. Sorry to see the Keys get hit so hard.

View attachment 183118 View attachment 183119 View attachment 183120 View attachment 183121 View attachment 183122
Gold to hear all turned out well for you guys. My cousin in Naples still didn't have power on Monday.

My wife told me the Infiniti dealer in Tallahassee took all their inventory and put them in the garages at FSU. At some point, they were made to moved them. Not public parking.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gold to hear all turned out well for you guys. My cousin in Naples still didn't have power on Monday.

My wife told me the Infiniti dealer in Tallahassee took all their inventory and put them in the garages at FSU. At some point, they were made to moved them. Not public parking.

We called around to find info. Some people on the other end of the phone were plain rude. Some were very accommodating and said once the hurricane warning was issued that public garages were meant to be opened for the public to park.

Some people parked at the airport, which of course incurred daily charges, but were safe. This was at a major mall with a massive concrete parking garage and they said no problem.

I was expecting a boot or ticket, but no issues and there were still new Nissan and Ford vehicles parked in there. And we got very lucky on the east coast side of Florida. There are still a few areas without power unfortunately, but the crews are working like crazy in the heat to fix that.

Is that your Grand Prix too?

No sir. He was parked there after I dropped off the Suburban and came back with the Tahoe, so I tucked up close to him. He was still there when I picked up the trucks last week.

Last edited:

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That shot is D O P E!

Do the young people even know what I'm talking about when I say that? lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia