Floor Liners Comparison w/ Pics, WeatherTech vs. Rugged Ridge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are my OEM mats for additional comparison. They have the nibs and hug the contours of the areas that they are meant to curve around and hug. Even though they don't have the extra coverage of the WTs or the RRs, they still fit. They do not shift and do what they are supposed to do.

I have decided to return both sets of floor liners. AutoAnything is taking both sets back without any hassles, including shipping.

I will be replacing the carpet (the entire truck's carpet is shot) after the summer, and will choose something then. Please post pics of what you have here so other guys who do not have the WT or Husky custom fit liners can see what it looks like.

Thx for contributing to this thread.

Attachments

• IMG_1772.jpg
    IMG_1772.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_1773.jpg
    IMG_1773.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 64
  • FullSizeRender copy 2.jpg
    FullSizeRender copy 2.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 62

ercbrooks

Reaction score
I have the weather techs. I think they provide the best overall protection. With kids that is very important. I think they fit great. Much more protection than factory mats

4WDTRK

sleeps in garage
Reaction score
Got the mats. Here is a sneak peak of just the front passenger side (I'll take better/more pics later in the week). Love the fronts! The individual rears are just ok. Since the rears are universal fit they don't cover much. I might send them back and take a chance with the one piece.

fe7ff0f4846454ee9454a8af38073d86.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those look really good. Same good fit as my first pics. I thought the front liners fit really well with great coverage. The one piece in the back just never laid down over the trans hump which kind of jacked the attached side mats a bit. They seemed to have good coverage front/back and to the door sill plates, but the middle buckle bothered me too much to "just accept it".

I let it bake in the Florida sun for about 2 weeks hoping the heat would help it form. It never did. I just decided to return them and start again. AutoAnything took care of my return shipping as well after I sent them pictures of both the RRs and WTs not fitting good enough.

So I wasn't out any money and got to see the application first hand. Thx for sharing that photo. Be interested to see your back seat mats too.

miked37945

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tried weathertech before and they never laid right. No experience with rugged ridge but I do like the husky liners. This time I tried the Lund Catch-it mats. The fronts fit pretty good, the rear sucked and were returned. The rear would not fit over the hump right but I prefer separates in rear anyway. The fronts I kept. I like the carpeted look over the all rubber ones. uploadfromtaptalk1432909977003.jpguploadfromtaptalk1432910014644.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1432909977003.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1432910014644.jpg

4WDTRK

sleeps in garage
Reaction score
Well sorry for the delay, been busy. Here are the pics of the gray RR mats. I still want to try the rear one piece, but haven't ordered yet. If the fit is terrible I'll just keep the individual rears. Fronts are pretty dialed though. [emoji106]

8d3ec2f530f9191ec25e1319c839888e.jpg

dd491ae58066921d6109bc26d49dc296.jpg

fdebbb364153c161ba667b15d09c773d.jpg

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score
Does anyone have the part number for GMC rear floor mats in grey? Of all these pictures, they actually look like the offer teh best fit and coverage, but i can't seem to find them online anywhere. guess i'll go Rugged Ridge fronts and OEM rears.

bluebear15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Front and back looks at the WeatherTechs and the Rugged Ridge liners. Tread patterns, nibs and no nibs. The WeatherTech covers the foot rest on the drivers side while the Rugged Ridge does not.

The rear seat liners of both. The WeatherTech does not even lay down over that curve to the door kick plate. Neither single piece fit the transmission hump very well.

Likely the individual liners would be a better option.

Sorry about brining a thread back from the dead but was curious if you guys who have the rear Rugged Ridge rear mat have seen it flatten out over time since this was done a few years ago.

I picked up the front mats recently and love them and was thinking about picking up the rear one piece mat that goes over the tranny hump

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did not end up going with the RR mats. I did not like the fitment over the 2nd row hump. It just didn't fit flush enough for me. I did like the front liners though with the grooves and raised edge to catch dirt and water/snow, etc...

In the end, I went with carpeted mats and my front mats were stitched with the bowtie since she is a pavement princess.

IMG_7907.jpg

bluebear15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did not end up going with the RR mats. I did not like the fitment over the 2nd row hump. It just didn't fit flush enough for me. I did like the front liners though with the grooves and raised edge to catch dirt and water/snow, etc...

In the end, I went with carpeted mats and my front mats were stitched with the bowtie since she is a pavement princess.

View attachment 186347

Is the rear seat mat one piece that goes over the 2nd row hump?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_burks