Floor Liners Comparison w/ Pics, WeatherTech vs. Rugged Ridge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
WT All Weather Mats

@Fosscore

Here are a few pics of mine......they fit really good and serve their purpose. Mine is not a DD but I do see my fair share of weather conditions being from WI.... Any ???'s...hit me up.

:Handshake:

Attachments

• WT1.jpg
    WT1.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 83
  • WT5.jpg
    WT5.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 78
  • WT2.jpg
    WT2.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 79
  • WT4.jpg
    WT4.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 79
  • WT3.jpg
    WT3.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

jd08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the rugged ridge liners that I had in the past 2 trucks. I love them for the fall/winter/spring months. My current truck came with the weathertech liners and IMO they are ok. They are only good for the summer months. I don't like how they let the water out the door sill area. And how they don't stay in place very well. The rugged ridge liners I did silicone the emblem in and had no issues for a few years now.

So currently I use the Rugged Ridge ones for fall/winter/spring months and during the summer I am going to try and use the Weathertech liners.

If I didn't have any mats and had to purchase some I would get the Rugged Ridge ones for sure.

4WDTRK

sleeps in garage
Reaction score
Well I just ordered up a set of grey Rugged Ridge mats. For the rear I don't think I would be happy with the trans hump slop so I went with the universal fit. Hopefully everything will fit and look good. I'll try to get some pics up when they come in.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Fosscore

Here are a few pics of mine......they fit really good and serve their purpose. Mine is not a DD but I do see my fair share of weather conditions being from WI.... Any ???'s...hit me up.

:Handshake:

@OHSIXX. Thanks the pics. They look good.

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

I have the rugged ridge liners that I had in the past 2 trucks. I love them for the fall/winter/spring months. My current truck came with the weathertech liners and IMO they are ok. They are only good for the summer months. I don't like how they let the water out the door sill area. And how they don't stay in place very well. The rugged ridge liners I did silicone the emblem in and had no issues for a few years now.

So currently I use the Rugged Ridge ones for fall/winter/spring months and during the summer I am going to try and use the Weathertech liners.

If I didn't have any mats and had to purchase some I would get the Rugged Ridge ones for sure.

Thx @jd08. You got any pics to see how they look in your ride?

---------- Post added at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 PM ----------

Bro the weather tech looks like a nice fit and clean

From one perspective they look good, but they do not hug the door sill plate at any door and some places feel like there is an air pocket under the liner where it does not lay flat.

---------- Post added at 04:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

Well I just ordered up a set of grey Rugged Ridge mats. For the rear I don't think I would be happy with the trans hump slop so I went with the universal fit. Hopefully everything will fit and look good. I'll try to get some pics up when they come in.

@4WDTRK The trans hump slop put me off too. I still like the fit of the fronts. Liked @OHSIXX WT pics in his Denali too, but interested to see what the grey RR's look like when you get them in and the separate liners for the back seats rather than the 1 piece. Standing by for some more pics.

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so honestly I really like the look of those weather tech digital fit mats. but yea the fitment looks like it sucks. I wonder if you could take a heat gun to the spots that dont conform right and maybe get them to... it really looks like if you had them installed for a few weeks they would lay down into the correct place.

notboating

Reaction score
I went with the weather techs. Am I worried about the way the edge does not lay flat, nope. They're floor mats, they are there to protect the carpet, I want coverage, performance over aesthetics. They do a good job at keeping months of salt and water and mud from a long winter off the carpet. That's why I bought them, that's what they do.

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
If the edge does not lay flat, they may not keep all the salt, mud, and water off the carpet like it should. Hence it needs to fit flush like it should

nastety92

Reaction score
It would be interesting to see this comparison compared to the GM rubber mats as well. Thanks for the write up, I need some for my wifes truck as well.

Nick

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sparky78

Latest posts