Finally started installing my Kelderman Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
TBucks

TBucks

Reaction score
how it the heck are you guys getting the norcal bump stops in. i have them just couldn't figure out how to install them. Then again i was in a hurry.

truck looks good though

Place the bump stop in the hole then take your 9/16 and tape one side of it off, I used electical tape. Then place the nut in the wrench with the tape facing down then feed the wrench between the pad and the rear end and twist the bump stop onto the nut.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
when your ready for the truck to sit lower/ride better/lower ride height hit me up.

1) on the rear bumpstops you need to cut mine down. MAKE SURE you dont cut to much or tire will hit the fenderlip/driveshaft will hit the bottom of the body
2) Make sure the shocks are the right length. They should be 20.5 inches max extended
3) invest inthe spohn rear bar kit (665 shipped i have) it will prevent the driveshaft from pushing into the output shaft which has snapped the shaft in the trans before when guys drive low. The a arms you adjust back to push the rear end backward and recenter in fenderwell.

OP
OP
TBucks

TBucks

Reaction score
when your ready for the truck to sit lower/ride better/lower ride height hit me up.

1) on the rear bumpstops you need to cut mine down. MAKE SURE you dont cut to much or tire will hit the fenderlip/driveshaft will hit the bottom of the body
2) Make sure the shocks are the right length. They should be 20.5 inches max extended
3) invest inthe spohn rear bar kit (665 shipped i have) it will prevent the driveshaft from pushing into the output shaft which has snapped the shaft in the trans before when guys drive low. The a arms you adjust back to push the rear end backward and recenter in fenderwell.
Ok and the shocks are 19.75 max extended and 12.2 collapsed and I have your shock extenders on as well . I know you said I should go to the tbss bags to ride lower, what is the difference and emays suburban rode lower than mine with the same kit. I pulled the plastic liner on the wheel wells and Im getting the lips rolled. I noticed with the lower stance that the wheel sit further forward in the well so Ill be wanting the spohn bar kit. Im guessing that comes with rear up and lower control arms as well as panhard bar? Also like I mentioned before how come with your shorter sway bar arms does the sway bar hit the panhard bar frame mount?

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
the lower you go the more the wheels get sucked forward
the lower you go the more the pass side wheel gets pused out.
the spohn bar kit fixes that which is all 5 bars.

with my shorter endlinks you need to redrill the drivers side bracket holes like instructions say. then the link with more twist goes to the pass side and the swaybar will clear the panhard bar bracket. If you do not do that then the swaybar will hit the panhard bar bracket preventing the truck coming down more.

OP
OP
TBucks

TBucks

Reaction score
Also I was gonna put the kelderman front bags with my 2" drop spindles so it sits lower aired out. I was gonna make new wheel wells to make room for the clearance and do some reloacting of certain engine bay components to make room. then was gonna roll my front wheel wells as well. Or is there another reason I cant run the drop spindle and the bags?

OP
OP
TBucks

TBucks

Reaction score
the lower you go the more the wheels get sucked forward
the lower you go the more the pass side wheel gets pused out.
the spohn bar kit fixes that which is all 5 bars.

with my shorter endlinks you need to redrill the drivers side bracket holes like instructions say. then the link with more twist goes to the pass side and the swaybar will clear the panhard bar bracket. If you do not do that then the swaybar will hit the panhard bar bracket preventing the truck coming down more.
Ok yeah Im aware of that. Like I said Im familiar with off road suspension and suspension geometry. We deal with 4 linked rear suspensions but they are tube chasis designed in house so we dont have to work around factory mounts and applications so binding and clearance issues dont really happen.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Do yourself a favor remove the red bumpstop and see if the truck goes down. If the panhard bar is not hitting the swaybar and if the shock isnt bottomed out then your pretty much at the lowest point and the bag is bottomed out. There has been 2 cases where a taller bag was used on the kit the customers had to get them swapped out. this was years ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xay2Smoove