Finally lowered the Tahoe.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
View attachment 73467
i got my 2013 on 24"x10 295/35/24 tires, and i have a rear end excessive bounce issue, did you have any of those same problems and if so how did you fix it. i got 2" spindles on the front and 3" coils in the rear. I shaved the bump stops and that helped a little. The shocks are stock and on shock extenders. Do you recommend putting in a lowered shock or coil bladder

1) what kit did you use?
2) stock shocks not the greatest
3) did you change the rear endlinks
4) i would for sure do shocks/endlinks and free travel mod i sell all of that

geelevert

Reaction score
20170127_160031_001.jpg
1) what kit did you use?
2) stock shocks not the greatest
3) did you change the rear endlinks
4) i would for sure do shocks/endlinks and free travel mod i sell all

I have a MCGAUGHYS 2/3 KIT. with stock shocks on shock extenders. I didn't change the links. I did trim the bump stops. I think that's my issue, the shocks. I ordered BELLTECH'S REAR LOWERED SHOCKS meant for my application with a 3" drop. I'm gonna try getting rid of the shock extenders and getting the shorter shocks back in their intended brackets under the axle instead of down and out.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Normal with mcgaufhys springs thats why I don't offer them anymore. Switch to belltech will be way better

geelevert

Reaction score
I stopped my local reputable lowering shop and asked then a ton of questions. I started with thinking of my intentions with Tahoe. First off its a gift to my wife which slowly turned into a project truck. What mama likes daddy gets for her ride. I know that it would never be is a completely laid out truck since we travel in it. So knowing that I asked the shop owner how do I get rid of the rear end bounce? He swears by AIR LIFT'S coil bladder air bags. What was a shock to me after the shop owner said the kit was a very affordable kit! Less than $120. So we ordered it. Should be here by Friday hopefully installed by Monday. It's super bowl weekend and I plan on installing it myself so it be next weekend.

geelevert

Reaction score
Very interested in your results. Please post your progress.
With the Tahoe being lowered with Mcgaughys 3" springs, the AIR LIFT kit I ordered had to be a special order. Air Lifts websites says a actual measurement of the horizontal distance of the inside of the coil and a vertical so the right sized bladder bag is inserted. And it has to be done when the normal ride weight on the springs. So when the stocks springs were taken out, the standard AIR LIFT BLADDER BAGs kit for my Tahoe wouldn't work. After I get it installed and test driven, IL be sure to post a update with pics and kit info and hopefully if it worked or not

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Interesting that the standard bags won't fit
I was hoping to use my air bags with a 4" drop in the rear

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Interesting that the standard bags won't fit
I was hoping to use my air bags with a 4" drop in the rear

Which springs so you have. I have the airlift info on my vendor section in dimensions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rddixon

Latest posts