Experience with Predator tuner on a 6.2 6-speed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, my truck goes back to the dealer Tuesday. Hopefully they can unfuck what they did to the trans because I was overly generous when I said it wasn't worse than before (it is). When I get it back, I will be buying the BB EFILive solution regardless of cost. it's BS I have more trouble with the brand new 62K '09 than I do with the 50K '07!! Until now, I've always had better luck with later versions of cars/trucks VS the first year of production. Other than the recall on the heated washers in the '07 LTZ and a weird problem of the rear AC blowing hot air in the '07 that was fixed under warranty, this is no longer true. The '09 doesn't even have the heated washers anymore although the brochure says all LTZ's have them, what's up with that? Jenna, I'll contact you directly once I get it back. At least BB seems to know WTF they're talking about. :Handshake:

We have a few EFILive V2s in stock right now, so whenever you are ready, we should be able to ship promptly. What issues are you having with the shifting now?

OP
OP
Fast55

Fast55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It just had the "repair" for TSB #09-07-30-004A done. It's specific to the 6 speed trucks with the 6.2, Denali, Escalade or Tahoe. I saw the TSB at the dealer and it's exactly the problem my truck has. On the 2-3 shift, especially before it's completely warmed up, it would almost feel as if it hit neutral for a second. The TSB describes rough shifting or "flair" on the 2-3 shift. Supposedly due to leaking clutch fluid seals on the input shaft. Obviously they had to pull the entire trans/transfer case. Now, even the 1-2 shift seems to have this problem (slight, but there), and the 2-3 shift is even worse. It's not every time it shifts, but at very light throttle, almost every time. This cannot by good for the bands. Do you think programming could help with this? I'm not sure what they intend to do since the TSB work was already done.

Justin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like there is a more severe mechanical problem to be repaired now. They pulled it apart to fix the 2-3 seal issue and caused a 1-2 seal issue...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fast55

Fast55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After a relash, I've been driving it a few days now and it's probably back to what it was before they worked on it. It goes back next week. They may be replacing the TCM or the entire trans!

OP
OP
Fast55

Fast55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, now they have supposedly replaced the TCM and done another flash "upgrade". I can't find any information on an updated flash for the TCM so that may, or may not be ********. I'm finallly out of the GMC Terrain rental. Pretty cool for a crossover SUV, but it's no LTZ Tahoe. So far, it seems just like it was, very slow drawn out shifts. As long as everything else is OK, I'll go ahead with the BB tuning package. If nothing else, I can always flash it back to stock before taking it in AGAIN, although I already have to go back tomorrow because they effed up the passenger side running board and are replacing it!!! The freakin' drama. :emotions122:

OP
OP
Fast55

Fast55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright folks, the V2 + tuning is on order. I don't know if anyone has a BB tune in a 6.2 6-speed Tahoe, but I'll post the results.

OP
OP
Fast55

Fast55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Learning to use the V2 on your own is a PITA and I may need another tweak to the transmission tuning. However, I can tell you all that no way in hell will an off the shelf handheld like a Superchips or Diablo tuner do this. Seriously. I've done a few vehicles like a 2000 Z71 with a flash pack and a Dodge. Granted they didn't have a monster 6.2 to begin with, but this is "night and day". Shifts went from about 5400 to right at 6K and much quicker. The biggest difference is the part throttle and off idle improvement. Most other tuning doesn't do much, if anything below about 2500-3000 RPM. This is a different animal all together. Highly recommend.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Glad you are enjoying it Brad! Once you get used to the EFILive interface the logging/flashing will be a snap.

OP
OP
Fast55

Fast55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since Magna-Charger is about 2 miles from my house the blower will be going in next. I'm expecting 550-575 HP now that I have a real tuning solution for doing it, I'm just trying to work out warranty issues with my dealer. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanholloway