Banks Tuner on a 5.3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Airman68

Reaction score
Got a 2008 Yukon XL. I bought a Banks Auto Mind tuner and have it deleting my AFM and the economy tune in for the winter months. It seems to be working quite well. I notice my shift points are lower and for all around driving, I like it so far. Mileage gain has been minimal at best. I mainly bought this because I tow a 5000 lb boat in the summer months and was hoping for a little performance gain. Planning on putting the tow tune in before I pick up the boat for the season. Just curious if anyone else has experience with this tuner. I see there are a lot of things you can change but dont really know if I should mess with those.

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see there are a lot of things you can change but don't really know if I should mess with those.
Gale Banks tends to err on the safe side.
The only thing you need fear is being underwhelmed.
If that happens, find a pro tuner (human being) to season a personalized tune to your actual taste.

OP
OP
Airman68

Airman68

Reaction score
Gale Banks tends to err on the safe side.
The only thing you need fear is being underwhelmed.
If that happens, find a pro tuner (human being) to season a personalized tune to your actual taste.
Understood. Safe is OK. That is the reason I bought the Banks, I can trust it. I also really just want a plug and play and realize it wont be at the level of a custom tune. I really like the rig, but it's a $10k truck with 200k miles. Thought it was worth $400 bucks and 10 min to see if I could make it better. Wish I had the time and $$$ a lot of people who post on here. Then again, I would just buy a newer truck, LOL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts