Experience with Predator tuner on a 6.2 6-speed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Fast55

Fast55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I gave these guys some ideas on the boost level, expected torque, and the lack of torque management and they almost puked. It's obvious the transmission still has issues and although I haven't sent Justin a new log of what's happening, it's definitely not something BB tuning alone will fix since the problem is not simply a temperature related issue. At times, the flair is really pronounced, even after the truck is 100% up to operating temp., and they know it. It's almost totally random. I think they know there's an issue with my trans if not all 6-speeds. I may have to drive this one into the ground and get it replaced before I do the blower. otherwise, I believe they are setting themselves up to deny a warranty claim. :emotions122:

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Have you tried going to another dealer? Sounds like this one is giving you the run around.

OP
OP
Fast55

Fast55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2 dealers so far. I'm pretty tight with the first dealer, but I think they're a little skittish about the blower because they know something's up with the trans and they don't want to try to explain a scattered one to GM because of the blower. The SM is good with your tuning, he was impressed after a drive when I just got the oil changed, but I think he's worried how the transmission will react to the blower. Stay tuned, I'm meeting with him and the owner Saturday. If you don't mind, could you PM me pricing for the Magna Charger in both black and polished?

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
2 dealers so far. I'm pretty tight with the first dealer, but I think they're a little skittish about the blower because they know something's up with the trans and they don't want to try to explain a scattered one to GM because of the blower. The SM is good with your tuning, he was impressed after a drive when I just got the oil changed, but I think he's worried how the transmission will react to the blower. Stay tuned, I'm meeting with him and the owner Saturday. If you don't mind, could you PM me pricing for the Magna Charger in both black and polished?

Shoot me an email with the system you want...1900 or 2300 ([email protected]), and I will get you some prices :Handshake:

mtbennett24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How is your experience with the FlashScanV2? Once you figured it out, is it easy to flash the ecm/tcm, data log, etc?

OP
OP
Fast55

Fast55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A huge improvement, but unfortunately, my transmission seems to be a POS. I'm about fed up with dealing with it. Josh has sent another tuning file that SEEMED to be a big improvement, but my first impression was just that. I can't get anything else done to it until they can "duplicate my concern". It's ********. They site DOC #2385650 but it states "we must duplicate customers concern" before moving forward with any addtional work on the trans. I've had the SM in the truck and demonstrated the problem to him, but it isn't consistent. Doing a blower is not an option until this is fixed.

The V2 is a PITA. It takes a while to figure out logging and re-flashing. It was made for people who want to figure it out and do tuning on their own. No way in hell should you buy one without the support of BB for giving you a custom tune based on logging you send Josh. I'm not entirely happy with the ECM tuning on the motor either. It seems it's lost a step since I did it and Josh tells me it's fuel, but I can't get anything better than 76 premium at 91 octane in Ca. Hopefully I can get back the snappy torque especially at freeway speeds with another update. Right now, it seems to want to downshift when accelerating on the cruise control like it did stock instead of just jumping forward 2-3 mph like it did right after the tuning was first loaded. I dunno, maybe the dealer has screwed some of the tuning since I first flashed the ECM even though they have supposedly only been touching the TCM. I will say that whatever issues I have with shifting are not BB related. My problems started before the tune and while Josh may not have solved them, they are better. I also think that's why my mileage isn't as good as some other 6.2's. In any event, it definitely goes with the pedal down. I ***** an Escalade in a drag a few days ago, and it was a 2WD while my truck is a 4X4 and has every possible option plus a bunch of crap in the rear (tools, tie downs, etc). No handheld tuner comes close to this difference.

mtbennett24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your input. I can't seem to get an answer for when the autocal will be available. I realy want to tune the tcm because the 6spd feels like a dog around town. That and I would like to be able to flash back to stock for dealer visits. Have you had any dealer issues with them finding the tune or do you flash back to stock before visiting?

OP
OP
Fast55

Fast55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer doesn't really have a problem with the tuning. The SM was impressed by the difference in how the truck runs and how the transmission works. It has gained a little as far as gas mileage, but not much. I believe he knows there's an issue with my trans, but cannot do anything about it until it gets a lot worse or grenades completely. I know him and the owner well. I've bought so many things there that I think they would eat a transmission if it died after doing the blower setup I want, but I'm not going to put them in that position,,,,,,yet. It's a helluva lot faster than it was, and shifting is better, but I've owned and built so many cars and trucks that I know when something isn't right. They've done a recall fix, some additional seals, and a solenoid, but so far it's crap. If you have the cash, forget waiting on the Autocal. I wanted to wait and save a few bucks, but gave up and bought the V2. Who knows, the Autocal may never happen. If I can't get it working the way I want I might just ditch it and move on to something else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jnice28