Electrical Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shaw520

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed my new front speakers (front doors only),...first speaker goes in, works great, 2nd speaker goes in and as I check the sound of the 2nd speaker I got nothing,..also lost all front door controls,, steering wheel controls, stepper gauges, and sound all not working!. Stereo head unit lights up and works fine, just no sound. (rears door control still work) What could cause this many systems to fail ??.. a relay?,.. Major fuse somewhere?,..bose amp ???????? Please HELP !

OP
OP
Shaw520

Shaw520

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just came back in and no,.. harness was fine. I tried moving seat in every direction, no change, "punched" the seat bc I heard that the seat heater may have been the cause,..no avail,.. started pulling fuses and did a full removal and re-connect on all battery cables.... success! My thoughts are it was the secondary positive cable on the battery.

brian.roberts.1293

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had this happen when I was putting in a window regulator while outta town. There is a radio fuse under the hood if I'm not mistaken that I pulled and put back and it fixed the problem. I had run my battery dead from the hids being on while installing and not thinking about it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Shaw520

Shaw520

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had this happen when I was putting in a window regulator while outta town. There is a radio fuse under the hood if I'm not mistaken that I pulled and put back and it fixed the problem. I had run my battery dead from the hids being on while installing and not thinking about it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Ive had this happen twice now,..peculiar, not sure whats causing it,..but removing batt terminals, cleaning and replacing seems to cure it!..?

flashover0926

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The first thing I would do to trouble shoot the problem is undo what you did and see if the problem goes away. Re-install the old stereo, if the problem goes away then there you have it. If it doesn’t, then you have a lot of work to do. If it does, I would call Crutchfield (online retailer with free tech help) and ask them if you are supposed to install a module with that stereo to retain all of the other systems functions. My 05 Silverado required the module with my new Kenwood.

OP
OP
Shaw520

Shaw520

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The first thing I would do to trouble shoot the problem is undo what you did and see if the problem goes away. Re-install the old stereo, if the problem goes away then there you have it. If it doesn’t, then you have a lot of work to do. If it does, I would call Crutchfield (online retailer with free tech help) and ask them if you are supposed to install a module with that stereo to retain all of the other systems functions. My 05 Silverado required the module with my new Kenwood.

As you can see in post #4 that I cured the problem,.. its not at all related to the stereo or sound system in any way. I do believe it is related to the terrible connection on the stock side terminal connections on the battery. I just need a reason to buy a new battery so I can convert over to conventional post/clamp terminals.

Justin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just came back in and no,.. harness was fine. I tried moving seat in every direction, no change, "punched" the seat bc I heard that the seat heater may have been the cause,..no avail,.. started pulling fuses and did a full removal and re-connect on all battery cables.... success! My thoughts are it was the secondary positive cable on the battery.
It sounds like you caused one computer in the truck to lose communication temporarily with the network. It then ceases to function as normal.

Disconnecting the battery causes those codes to all reset and resume normal operation. Sometimes you will also have to touch the battery terminals together to drain any residual charge.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
It sounds like you caused one computer in the truck to lose communication temporarily with the network. It then ceases to function as normal.

Disconnecting the battery causes those codes to all reset and resume normal operation. Sometimes you will also have to touch the battery terminals together to drain any residual charge.

Not to nitpick here, and as obvious as it seems, you just never know. Do not "touch the battery terminals together" unless you're looking for a quick $100 light show. What he means here is to ground out the positive lead from the truck while it is disconnected from the battery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz