Bose Amp Issue With New Deck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Devlin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I just finished installing my new double din in my 06 Yukon Denali with premium Bose. Only my door speakers were working and sounds like crap. Tweeters and stock sub have no sound. After going through the wire harness and double checking all my solders, I noticed the the interface controller "Crux CS-GMC2" didn't line up with the pins on my factory harness. Most notable is that the remote amp turn on plug is empty on the factory harness. Does the factory harness look like the plugs are in the correct spots? I've seen people tap the remote amp wire to a "pink" wire that is on the second smaller harness, but not sure if that is correct. I called crutchfield and they are sending out a replacement controller, but I don't think that is the issue. I want to use the factory amp still. Below is a picture of the factory harness on top and the controllers harness on the bottom. You can see pins are empty or not in the right spots. Any help would be awesome. Wife already said I should pay someone to do it and I said I could! Help me save face! lol

image2.jpegimage1.jpegsdfsdf.jpeg

OP
OP
Devlin

Devlin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
For anyone wondering, I am an idiot. I had white/black to white and visa versa for the harness. So anyone with an issue like this, double check your connections lol.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
For anyone wondering, I am an idiot. I had white/black to white and visa versa for the harness. So anyone with an issue like this, double check your connections lol.
Pictures of the new radio please? I am considering the same. My '05 Yukon radio is still fine, but I get confused with crutchfield choices.

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you are installing an aftermarket HU with premium bose system and retaining factory amp?? I've not done much research here but I thought the factory HUs did not play well where there was bose sound options in these rigs??

OP
OP
Devlin

Devlin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So you are installing an aftermarket HU with premium bose system and retaining factory amp?? I've not done much research here but I thought the factory HUs did not play well where there was bose sound options in these rigs??
I bought a Crux CS-GMC2 Wiring Interface that retains everything other than the rear dvd player. Plays fine with the factory amp.

mwilson62000

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought a Crux CS-GMC2 Wiring Interface that retains everything other than the rear dvd player. Plays fine with the factory amp.
Same here, except I used PAC RP5-GM11 interface. No issues with Bose amp.

mwilson62000

Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^Yes, mine is 05 Yukon XL same as yours. Worked fine. All work is in dash with exception of addedfeatures of the new HU. Bluetooth mic, backup camera, siriusxm, etc. Here is link to pac audio unit. I searched by vehicle. You can get this cheaper elsewhere, but if you want to read about it and download the install manual to see what you will need to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo