Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CBIII

Reaction score
Hey again y'all. I chased a drain in the following thread but it has returned. At this point, I have no power at driver or passenger's door except that I can move the driver's mirror as expected. The speedo and tach are the only gauges that work. Stereo is always active, as long as the battery is connected.

TL;DR battery appears to be draining due to head unit not turning off. My dash cam also seems to behave differently than before (staying displayed longer after key off I think). In the previous post I've chased circuits, I've replaced battery, seat heters (fixed seat heater issue first time), igniton switch (fixed drain first time because I had wheel in incorrect location and key wouldn't fully turn off) Alternator (fixed drain second time), BCM, remote start system.

At this point, I think the head unit is just receiving continuous power but the dash does not light up when key is off/out. I can rotate the ignition switch's gear through all key settings ,including starting the truck (Seems like these things would be super easy to steal..) and when fully "off", the head unit stays on. While I am inclined to think it's the head unit, I had the drain previously when I had the head unit, subs/amp, gauge cluster, hvac, etc ALL disconnected nd that was resolved by the ignition switch replacement/configuration. I also think that whatever is causing this is causing my seat heaters and gauges (each new/rebuilt) to NOT work. Bad Ground?

Sheesh. I hope that makes sense to y'all because I'm lost.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

CBIII

Reaction score
I've since found that none of my driver's door switches work except the driver mirror. Passenger switches also do nothing. Rear switches control the windows as expected. dash dimmer switch doesn't change the brightness. DDM fuse is fine. fuse has been removed from the amp/subs power line so they're no longer active.

Anyone?

RoadTrip

Reaction score
Year and model of vehicle please.

If it is a 2015+, you’ll have to start at the battery fuse connection and also verify good grounding through a new negative battery cable.

OP
OP
C

CBIII

Reaction score
Year and model of vehicle please.

If it is a 2015+, you’ll have to start at the battery fuse connection and also verify good grounding through a new negative battery cable.
It's an 03.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts