Eibach Sway Bars - Install Pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bucky1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great thread! I have an 11 denali xl. Are the stock bars the same for all models? I want a little flatter cornering for my work commute, which is rural and windy roads. Really fun really. But the body roll is a little much. Not interested in firming up the ride really. So sway bars that are much stouter would be a great thing I think. So, any difference with the stock denali?

camaroz2887

Reaction score
Bucky, I’m not 100% sure but to my knowledge they are all the same hollow bars stock they look beefy though. The aftermarket sway bars are solid and more rigid,(obviously) so it will tend to tighten the suspension some because it will transfer more movement to the tire on the opposite side. Creating a little more bump, however it’s not normally not too bad as long as you don’t get the biggest obnoxiously sized bar you can find. Sorry but I’m not familiar with the particular bars for these vehicles but I’m sure someone else here can help. Sorry bout the run on paragraph lol

Bucky1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No that's great feedback. I think that is going to be a winter night project for me. I need to service my lift in the shop, which is about as much fun as, well nothing. LOL. Plus I need to get through racing season as well. Brake improvements are on the list when it needs pads too. May as well improve as it needs parts.

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Eibach and Ridetech sway bars are tubular.. The Belltech and Hellwig sways are solid. I'm pretty sure Hellwig is the only one that offers a rear adjustable bar.
(ON 2WD/RWD models, not sure on 4wd, some it doesn't matter) eibachs are the same size as Hellwigs, and the biggest ones: 1.25/32mm front and 1.375/1 3/8"/35mm rear.
The belltechs are 1/8" smaller front and rear (1 1/4" / 1.25 front and rear 1.125" / 1 1/8", but solid)
A quick search is Belltechs are about $342 for both, Eibachs are about $442 for both, and Hellwigs are about $580.
The big places should price match, If I was on a budget, i'd get the Belltechs. If you want the best, go Hellwigs

Sways are there for turning... Fronts are going to reduce the wheel hop and squeal when you turn in so you have more control of where you are going , "of hitting the mark, keeping your line, hitting your apex"...…….

Rears are there to keep your rear end more solid/planted/flat. If you think about taking turns at quicker speeds and you get that feeling as if it will roll over, the rear sway is working to "balance the force from the top, and pushing it through the bottom", "squaring off the inertia". (I'm sure there is a better way to word that).

If you are someone who likes to burn tires, and squeal them while going around corners so people look at you, then save your money for your next set of tires. If you would rather be in control of your vehicle, and you don't squeal your tires rounding a corner, because that slows you down, then you want sways.

Last edited:

Chrisleroy101

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Eibachs are hollow

Bucky, I’m not 100% sure but to my knowledge they are all the same hollow bars stock they look beefy though. The aftermarket sway bars are solid and more rigid,(obviously) so it will tend to tighten the
suspension some because it will transfer more movement to the tire on the opposite side. Creating a little more bump, however it’s not normally not too bad as long as you don’t get the biggest obnoxiously sized bar you can find. Sorry but I’m not familiar with the particular bars for these vehicles but I’m sure someone else here can help. Sorry bout the run on paragraph lol