Eibach Sway Bars - Install Pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

livingez_123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you notice a difference in oversteer/understeer? I know with the stock bars they tend to understeer (push the front) I would hope that this gives a little oversteer.

Denalixl364

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I need some help. I just purchased these and had them installed by a local shop that I know very well does great work. However the tires rub on bends in the sway bar. Now here are outliers if you will. the end links that were on the truck before had 4in sleeves and ones on there now are 3in sleeves. The truck is lowered (2/3) drop and lastly the tire size is a 305/40/22. I'm looking for advice or opinions I am going to call them on Monday but I am hoping to find some answers sooner then that thanks.

OP
OP
vjr021

vjr021

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never heard this problem, sounds like the backspacing on your wheels, maybe you can get a small (like 5mm) spacer set. Are the 305's bigger than the OEM tire size?

---------- Post added at 08:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 AM ----------

Did you notice a difference in oversteer/understeer? I know with the stock bars they tend to understeer (push the front) I would hope that this gives a little oversteer.

Haven't pushed the ruck enough to really notice. I will say the cornering is FLAT when compared to OEM bars.

Really was a HUGE improvement.

Next plans are to install the Energy suspension bushings.

JasonFH

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the write-up. I just picked up some new poly bushings and swaybar links from energy suspension. From the writeup it looks like you're using poly bushings that came with the kit. Do you think the bushings and links are making a majority of the difference or the bar itself?

Either way I'll let you know if I notice a big difference. I have a 2005 (Mostly stock) 'hoe. I plan on doing the sway bars and the rear control arms tomorrow. (Saving the front control arm bushings for another day).

Last edited:

Cobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my Eibach Front & Rear swaybars today. Wondering if anyone changed out the rear end links with after market ones?

OP
OP
vjr021

vjr021

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my Eibach Front & Rear swaybars today. Wondering if anyone changed out the rear end links with after market ones?

I just used what was in the kit, but am planning on a complete suspension overhaul shortly with all poly units.

EdinMA

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Need help!!

2004 Tahoe, ZW7 & G65 suspension. Bought new, wifes car and it now has 70,000 miles on it. The roll from side to side is terrible. I had it on the highway the other day and changing lanes was a chore. Granted I don't drive this Tahoe much and my wife doesn't complain about it, but this isn't right.

Will this sway bar upgrade help this POS?

Maybe it's me. I have a 2005 Silverado Z71 off road with 180,000 miles with original suspension that rides and handles better than the Tahoe.

JasonFH

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I did not upgrade my sway bar, but changed all the bushing to poly in the sway bar and control arms. That and good shocks made a WORLD of difference. My 05 Tahoe is planted on the road now.

Need help!!

2004 Tahoe, ZW7 & G65 suspension. Bought new, wifes car and it now has 70,000 miles on it. The roll from side to side is terrible. I had it on the highway the other day and changing lanes was a chore. Granted I don't drive this Tahoe much and my wife doesn't complain about it, but this isn't right.

Will this sway bar upgrade help this POS?

Maybe it's me. I have a 2005 Silverado Z71 off road with 180,000 miles with original suspension that rides and handles better than the Tahoe.

Zack

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The bar will drop down easily.
4211365243_2ae070bdb5.jpg

Old vs New
4211365303_8bc5fc3fc6.jpg4212127506_44ef867112.jpg

Re-install everything, making sure to grease just as you did on front.
4211365399_5ba9931a32.jpg
4211365461_b0e6367c26.jpg4212127734_d89f6e6c2f.jpg
I have a 99 4 door 2wd tahoe. Does the rear end have a sway bar like this