E fans and towing??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
A

atis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Adam, thanks for the links...

3 core is better then 2 core for towing, correct? That other thread has me confused!

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 PM ----------

undersstand...that and it doesnt list if it has the connections for the tranny cooler...crap.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
i would assume, but i honestly couldnt tell ya for a 100% answer.
But it also depends on the core width.

so if you have 3 core and the width being a .5" each total of 1.5"
or you can go with a 2core and the width being 1" each total of 2inchs..

idk what im trying to get at is, doesnt matter how many "cores" persay, but the width of the cores will be beneficial as well, i think youll be fine with the 2 core, but if it makes you happy then shoot for the 3 core.

OP
OP
A

atis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cant find the number of passes on any of the specs...whats the numbe ronthe radiator you ordered?

OP
OP
A

atis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ordered a radiator from them... I went with the Tahoe one....2 core. I need it for the install this weekend...of course dont plan to have her driving till the following weekend as I have to pull the motor, swap everything, and reinstall.

Am I forgetting anything for the install of a new 350 crate motor?

I have:
1)new motor mounts
2) new headers
3) new CAI
4) intake gaskets
5) oil/filter/plugs (wires have 1000 miles on them)
6) new radiator
7) new belt
8) new hoses

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
sounds like shell be running in tip top man. Did you ever read on the blackbear tune yet?

you may want to replace the front trans seal while you have everything out, inspect the torque converter and make sure everything looks good.

Does the new motor come with a knock sensor???
If it doesnt come with a trans cooler, maybe install a trans and oil cooler infront of everything. being that you tow alot, may want to make sure every things running cool. so maybe a good time to flush the tranny and such? just some food for the thoughts.

OP
OP
A

atis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the radiator has the built in trans cooler...but will check. The BB tune is after I get inspected....gotta hold funds in reserve incase I hit a snag during the install. I plan to inpspect everything while its out. My buddy is a former ACE mech so he is helping with the install. Not sure on the knock sensor but I will pick up one if needed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz