DRL's always on or no?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steeler

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes, thanks Hosse for your right up on the mod.

I agree its starting to get a little costly plus a lot involved for what one would think to be an easy mod.

I have the LT without the foglamps. I found a shop that will put a 6 inch strip of led's at the bottom of the foglamp housing. He is going to wire it so it comes on only as DRL and off when the headlights come on. Only 200 for the job.

This should kill two birds, having leds for daytime and filling up the fog light housing space.

blackout07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, thanks Hosse for your right up on the mod.

I agree its starting to get a little costly plus a lot involved for what one would think to be an easy mod.

I have the LT without the foglamps. I found a shop that will put a 6 inch strip of led's at the bottom of the foglamp housing. He is going to wire it so it comes on only as DRL and off when the headlights come on. Only 200 for the job.

This should kill two birds, having leds for daytime and filling up the fog light housing space.

Interesting. I considered something similar. Post up when it's done.

OP
OP
ebelp

ebelp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ebelp, would you mind posting back here if you have any luck getting those things done on your Tahoe? I am very much interested in doing that mod.

Thanks!

I haven't made any progress yet, mainly because my Tahoe gets driven every day and having it sit over a weekend while White Audio reprograms the BCM isn't easy to accomplish. I would love to hear from someone who has already had this done by White Audio. The person I exchanged emails with at WA wasn't very clear about the procedure and was very short in his responses. His exact words were, "it shouldn't be a problem". Not sure if that was a "yes" or a "maybe". So I'm not fully confident in what they can do without #1, talking to customer who has already done this, or #2 speak to someone at White Audio who can be a little more informative and offer more details about it.

Last edited:

fdnyfish

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Got this reply back from White Audio when asked about BCM Flashing....

we are currently not taking any new work due to our current workload being un manageable already. Please check back with us in march; thanks!

Anyone know who else might do this flashing?

Thanks

Last edited:

cuco

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm new to Chevy ownership so I apologize for the ignorance.

Is there PC based software that allows for re-programming and re-flashing the BCM to work with LTZ drl specs? I think paying upwards of $200 for a 10 minute BCM flashing is too expensive.

fdnyfish

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don't mind paying the money, I just can't find someone who can do it

El Train

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I too was annoyed by the DRLs not being on all the time with the LT. For awhile I was just turning on the parking lights but was annoyed when shutting off the car got me the annoying dinging. Running the fogs was annoying too because the color was so different from the LED strips. My solution was to swap out the halogen Fog lamp bulbs with LEDs. Now I can just get in the car and turn Auto lights off, hit the fog light button and I'm good to go. When I park and get out the lights/fogs turn off automatically. Problem solved for me and no need to risk voiding the warranty by flashing the BCM.

I bought them from VLEDS.com and it took about 5 mintues to install them. The old halogen bulb is on the drivers side.

Item Sku Qty Merchandise
5K WHITE 10 LED DRL/FOG LIGHT BULBS 5201 5202 9009 2504 PS24W PSX24W | 1 PAIR 5202_10_XB_W_5K 1 $60.00

Attachments

• 20150309_104634.jpg
    20150309_104634.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 60

El Train

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes. I'm not sure if they are as bright as the LTZ DRL's but they look fine to me.