Electrical ? Issue. No Crank Intermittent

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
F

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
keep a meter with you and try jumpering the starter relay pins in the fuse box, if that doesn't work then check the starter cable for voltage drop.
from the battery to the starter when trying to start or when starting if it reads 10.5v or less replace the cable.
you might want to eyeball it anyway because they get burnt and/or corrode from the inside like the battery cables.
I was thinking about that - the cable - but it's only 3 years old and I did use the OE gm
cabling. I'll double check to make sure nothing is too close or has moved close to the
headers as well ! Just too freakin hot out around here lately to get anything really done

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Foggy They don’t make parts like they used to and maybe something as basic as a cable can be compromised by low quality manufacturing.

I know most of the suspension pieces I installed a couple years ago are already “rusty” even tho the factory parts I removed weren’t rusty and I don’t even live in a rusty state… I’m still trying to figure that one out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo