Do you love your truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D is for DENALI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It will be my daughter's first vehicle in 4 years, payed for and maintained...

I will upgrade in 2021, not sure if I'll get a gmc , lots of small issues,most likely get a 2013+ toyota sequoia.. big power and similar towing and capabilities

I went to the dealer to show the wife the new sequoia and sitting in the limited is.........sweet. it's not lexus quality, but every year it's getting closer and the price is great for the options...

I hope to get 75 k more before I pass the keys over, hopefully she wants it but i told her she could sell it and get something she wanted...

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score

I will upgrade in 2021, not sure if I'll get a gmc , lots of small issues,most likely get a 2013+ toyota sequoia.. big power and similar towing and capabilities

I went to the dealer to show the wife the new sequoia and sitting in the limited is.........sweet. it's not lexus quality, but every year it's getting closer and the price is great for the options...

I hope to get 75 k more before I pass the keys over, hopefully she wants it but i told her she could sell it and get something she wanted...
Hopefully she'll love it and keep it, even for just the memories.

D is for DENALI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
She loves it now, feels safe and big like a truck is, with all the cool stuff for an 03... but in 4 years who knows, she could say, " dad, I want a Sebring convertible ".....lol

To my," whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!"

She might not need so much vehicle and ill understand... ill most likely be paying for gas too..:confused:

plus , in 4 years, I will have spent 4k on upgrades and changeouts, it Will definetly be a solid truck when she gets it... can t wait for the tune and ranchhand legend series front gaurd... Ok, and the corsa! Still have intake tube to do

Last edited:

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I drove a 2011 Sequoia, lots of low end torque with the iForce motor. The only thing I didn't like was that it drove top heavy and loose when you hit an exit ramp hot. Toyota is starting to have some frame rusting issues, especially on the Tacomas. The Sequoias were actually recalled several years ago for frame rusting problems.

schaffer05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drove a 2011 Sequoia, lots of low end torque with the iForce motor. The only thing I didn't like was that it drove top heavy and loose when you hit an exit ramp hot. Toyota is starting to have some frame rusting issues, especially on the Tacomas. The Sequoias were actually recalled several years ago for frame rusting problems.
They are having rust issues, but to their credit they are replacing the frames for free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are having rust issues, but to their credit they are replacing the frames for free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It depends on the dealer. My father-in-law has one that was rejected at his last inspection and he is fighting to get the frame replaced. I know there was a large class action lawsuit recently, but not sure what the verdict was. Don't get me wrong, I love Toyota's. I have a RAV4, Highlander, and Sienna. Their mechanical reliability is hard to beat.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very generally speaking, I love driving my Tahoe when all systems are GO. It just looks and feels great. But I cringe when something fails, as is going to happen here and there.

This is why lots of folks love driving a Toyota, for example. They're relatively bulletproof. Boring? Sometimes. And that's why my small brain can't get excited about owning one. But their awesome reliability is nothing to sneeze at, and that's why many swear by them.

D is for DENALI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive had 2 siennas, a matrix , and a camry...

When I sell the matrix I will be getting an avalon limited.. so much space and the packages are amazing. Again, approaching lexus quality with every passing year without the price tag.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a Camry as my first car and it was pretty much bulletproof until we had a snowstorm that buried it under 6 feet of snow. Haha. But I loved that car. It was so reliable. Literally never broke down and left me stranded anywhere. Had 2 dodges after that and both were pretty reliable, unfortunately the Dakota was totaled(not my fault). The Durango was pretty solid, but was getting to the point where after 4 years of owning it, i was just sick of fixing it with such high mileage. So I sold and used the cash as a down payment for my Denali. So far with my Denali, it's been rock solid. It's not been without issue, but no used car is when it changes owners. Vehicles are a big part of life for me and I get attached to them. I love my Denali. But that's also because it's pretty much my dream car and I love the fact that at 23, 2 years ago when I bought I could afford to have my dream car. And I'm still proud of that. So I will probably keep mine til it falls apart. Haha. But I also like it design wise a lot more than I like the newest gens. So I'm not really inclined in a few years to look to upgrade to a newer Yukon. Although I love thegmt900 Denali and would love to have one of those. Lol.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The Toyota V8's have major problems. My friend who owns a body shop just sold his Tundra because it was nearing 70,000 and that's about when the engine needs to be basically rebuilt due to the cam I believe. As of this year's models he said the design flaw hasn't been resolved. He bought a 2017 Silverado 3500HD 4x4 with a Duramax and he lifted it like 16" lol.