Do you love your truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mdnitedrftr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had this discussion with my apprentice at work today....

He's got a '01 Ram with the Cummins, and he's dead set on keeping it until the thing rusts away.

Me, I'm pretty indifferent about my Yukon. Don't get me wrong, I like it, and I take pride in it looking good, but at the same time, if I woke up and there was a pile of cash where my truck should be parked, I wouldn't care. I would go out and buy something different.

RaiderRodney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty much in the first boat...I will probably keep mine for the duration. I looked for a couple of years before finding a nice clean and maintained Hoe so she'll be staying with me a while ;)

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like my Tahoe (most of the time, unless it develops an annoying failure, like door lock actuators), but I won't keep it forever. I change my mind on things over time, or I just get bored, so I'm sure I'll replace it some day.

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
I generally change out about every 4years I get nervous about the depreciation. This time when I got my hoe I was down sizing my fleet in preparation for retirement in two years I needed a daily driver with 4wd and the ability to pull a trailer, so I may keep her a little longer if she's good to me.!!

OP
OP
mdnitedrftr

mdnitedrftr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a love hate relationship with my Hoe, she's just a beater I use for work that gets me from point a to b but once it starts running like shit...I get the urge to drive it to the closest junk yard and scrap it
Yes! I have no problem spending $2k on some wheels and tires, but if I have to spend half that on a repair, I want to set it on fire.

I had a newer Ram 1500 that I had to spend $1200 on to fix an exhaust leak....I did the repair, but the next day it was on ebay for sale. It was gone a few weeks later. F that.

schaffer05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes! I have no problem spending $2k on some wheels and tires, but if I have to spend half that on a repair, I want to set it on fire.

I had a newer Ram 1500 that I had to spend $1200 on to fix an exhaust leak....I did the repair, but the next day it was on ebay for sale. It was gone a few weeks later. F that.
I'm with you. I enjoy my vehicles, but if the manufacturer screws me on something it's gone and I won't buy another of theirs. My Ford F-150 had a sagging headliner at 2 years and 22k Miles. They acted like they were doing me a huge favor for replacing it and said it would be a 2 day job. Asked for a loaner and they said "we are fixing the headliner for free, you can pay for a loaner." Put it on Craigslist that night. Tundra had a mouse problem Toyota refused to address or admit even though several people have the exact same problem. Toyota said "unless you can prove we sold it with a mouse in it, it isn't our problem" traded that bad boy in on a Tahoe the next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mldawson11