Denali/Escalade Leather Shifter Installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

steven13608

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice. I do want a newer tahoe with the 6 speed shiftable tranny.

OP
OP
NathanJax

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I prefer the Esky shifter, it is leather and has stitching down the center, a little nicer design.

Denali shifter is the exact same as the Escalade shifter.

Mine is leather and has the stitching down the BACK center. As I said in the first post

the 07-08 shifter had the stitching facing you, but the 09-11 had the stitching facing away

To me, facing away looks MUCH cleaner.

flrmat

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looks nice. I like the idea of using the up/down buttons for something else, maybe for an amp

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
Nice. Maybe I'll do the same and try to find a way to make the + and - do something. Maybe they can be turned into buttons for a trailer brake controller, or a winch remote if anybody were to install that on a NNBS.

Btw, the 5.3s do come with the shifter with the beyond on 09+. I believe it's an option. I had a rental 10 Tahoe 2 years ago and it did have that.

Last edited:

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Nice. Maybe I'll do the same and try to find a way to make the + and - do something. Maybe they can be turned into buttons for a trailer brake controller, or a winch remote if anybody were to install that on a NNBS.

Btw, the 5.3s do come with the shifter with the beyond on 09+. I believe it's an option. I had a rental 10 Tahoe 2 years ago and it did have that.

When I was going to do it, I was going to make the +/- buttons control the volume for my Pioneer HU, or be a toggle for my reverse light HIDs.
Then I realized I would turn them on accidentally too much.

chrisfox75

Reaction score
Denali shifter is the exact same as the Escalade shifter.

Mine is leather and has the stitching down the BACK center. As I said in the first post

To me, facing away looks MUCH cleaner.

Oh i thought they were different, my bad, i got mine installed this weekend, didnt realize that the connector was different, so i cut the connector off the old shifter and wired it to the new shifter, wow what the difference in look on my suburban, love the new look.

Chris

sellech

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
DAng that looks sweet.

Does the leather come in different colors?

OP
OP
NathanJax

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh i thought they were different, my bad, i got mine installed this weekend, didnt realize that the connector was different, so i cut the connector off the old shifter and wired it to the new shifter, wow what the difference in look on my suburban, love the new look.

Chris

Mine was the same connecter, just 2 extra wires for the + and - . I just cut those off the plug and left them there for future use.

DAng that looks sweet.

Does the leather come in different colors?

There's a shifter for the "cashmere" interior like I have, and then there's a shifter for the "black" or whatever color the Denali/Escalade comes in.

2011Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yeah my '11 Tahoe LTZ is loaded i think with every option available and it has that same shifter. The +/- are nice for towing or winter driving.

That looks sweet man, nice work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hpark1975