Dash and radio not turning off after DL3 mirror swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nixxxster

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all,

For anyone that have done a DL3 mirror swap that can help. I did a DL3 mirror swap and everything seem to work (signal, folding) but now if I turn off the car and open the door the radio and dash stays on. I will turn off in about 10min after the battery saver kicks in. Has anyone experience the problem. Any help or idea would be great.

Thank you

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
You need to get your truck programmed to accept the feature.

lilsalmon

Reaction score
If you swapped the switch, it needs to be reprogrammed at the dealer.

taho26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im guessing either the above said or the sensor that knows when the door is open got messed up

OP
OP
nixxxster

nixxxster

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I thought that if you put in a switch that had the DL3 feature i wouldn't need to reprogram it. The feature does work. I got the switch off of a 07 Escalade. If i put back the old switch everything works fine again. Any other ideas beside going to the dealer.
Thanks fr all the reply

lilsalmon

Reaction score
The DIC has no idea that you vehicle now has the DL3 mirrors. So until its reprogrammed your looking at the same issue over and over again.

I did some real good research here and on the net before doing the swap.

Read all the way through this thread it will help immensly.

http://chevroletforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3441

-Lil'

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

P.S. also if one of the plugs in the switch is unplugged it will cause this too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10