Radio doesn't work after dash cam install & removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sweeney

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
First, I apologize for the long post, but I'm trying to be as detailed as possible. So I posted this on the Escalade forum and got absolutely nothing, and I haven't found anything on google searches or youtube either, so I figured I'd try here. I have a 2007 Escalade with the Bose system in it. I replaced the factory radio with an aftermarket one about 1.5yrs ago, and all was well until this summer when I installed a dash cam. I got the wiring kit to tap into the fuse box for constant power so it works when the vehicle is off and it gets hit, it will start recording. I tapped into the radio fuse for the constant power. For the first couple weeks everything worked fine. Then the radio started intermittantly not working. I would start the truck and it would work, but maybe the next start or a couple starts later the radio wouldn't turn on at all, a week later the radio doesn't work at all. Removed the dash cam from fuse box power, checked all fuses associated with the radio system (41- radio, 40- amp, 45- info, and I think 54 dont remember what it is), and all fuses were good. I replaced the aftermarket radio with the factory radio that worked when pulled, and I still have nothing. I replaced those 4 fuses just to be 100% sure they weren't the issue, still nothing. I made a fused wire, connected it to the aftermarket radio, and hooked it straight to the battery, and it powers up just fine. The turn signals still make noise, door chimes still work, but the analog clock on the dash doesn't. I'm stumped. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts