Air Bag light goes on and off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Faustof

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi, I have a 2007 Tahoe LT, works great (after reprogramed the DOD to only use 8 cilinder mode), but I have an issue with the Air Bag light it is ON most of the time , but some times it goes off and stays off for sometaimes half a day or so. But eventually it goes ON again, The thing is that I don´t know if is the front crash sensors because to my knowledge they work or don´t work. I will appreciate any help from this fine group. Thanks on advance.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have a 2007 Tahoe LT, works great (after reprogramed the DOD to only use 8 cilinder mode), but I have an issue with the Air Bag light it is ON most of the time , but some times it goes off and stays off for sometaimes half a day or so. But eventually it goes ON again, The thing is that I don´t know if is the front crash sensors because to my knowledge they work or don´t work. I will appreciate any help from this fine group. Thanks on advance.
well first thing is you want to do is use a scanner that can read SRS and you want to scan it while the light/warning is on/active
other than that the front sensors on these (gmt900) especially the older they get they corrode and expand like a bad cell phone battery so if you get under the truck with a flashlight and look you might see some white corrosion and splitting IF it is the issue, that is the most common thing, 2nd most common is the seat presense sensor or associated wire harmess, from the seat getting moved back and forth the wire can break or almost break and have a intermittent issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts