Cruise Control Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donnyballgame

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had the cruise control problem also. I could get it to work after I tapped the brakes a few times. Ended up being the Brake Switch that is attached to the Brake Pedal. Dealer Part only and was $20 or so.

Donnyballgame

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yep, 15 minutes or less. Just unplug the wires and remove a little spring clip. It is a little tough to see what is going on, but if you remove the panel below the steering wheel, it opens things up quite a bit.

denalis22

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Cruise Control Not working

@ EUPS73- Do you have any aftermarket LED lights installed..e.g. taillights,etc?

I have after market LED light bulbs installed and I am currently having the same problem with setting the cruise control. I just changed the reverse light to an LED bulb. Would that affect my cruise control?

tbraden32

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just got my 08 Denali, having same problem. Steering wheel heater works, CC light comes on but will not engage....checked the fuses and kicked the stupid brake, no luck yet.

Will try the Brake Switch tomorrow. Will let you know.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got my 08 Denali, having same problem. Steering wheel heater works, CC light comes on but will not engage....checked the fuses and kicked the stupid brake, no luck yet.

Will try the Brake Switch tomorrow. Will let you know.

I look forward to hearing whether or not this seemed to resolve the issue. Please keep us updated. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

tbraden32

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had the cruise control problem also. I could get it to work after I tapped the brakes a few times. Ended up being the Brake Switch that is attached to the Brake Pedal. Dealer Part only and was $20 or so.

Any idea what the part number is? GM Dealer had no clue what I was asking for.

tbraden32

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Brake Switch

Any idea what the part number is? GM Dealer had no clue what I was asking for.

Ordered the brake switch...the Stealer delivered it today, had my friend put it in. Less then 10 minutes....AND IT WORKS...!

Cruise Control works...easy fix and part was $15.00

Hope this helps others out if they run into the same problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65