Radar cruise control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rbg1957

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone else get tired of the radar cruise randomly deciding to stop working? It seems to happen if I get too close to a white or silver semi trailers back end. Today we just finished a 700 mile trek back from Southern KY, and the roads turned to crap in southern IL all the way to Rockford. Once the grill and bumper got covered with slush, no more cruise control. Is there an option to make it function like the good old pre trial lawyer / nanny state days? I'm an inch away from finding a southern rust free pre 2015 suburban or yukon and dumping this high tech pain in my ass. The other issue is I had my oil changed and tires rotated a few days before we left. Now I have a harmonic sound like one of the tires is out of balance, so I'll be heading to the tire shop Monday. Was damn near impossible to go over 75 mph without it making all sorts of racket. Of course it has the 22" wheels, of which I'm not a fan, either. Anyone else have this issue? 2019 yukon denali xl

TCOLL5830

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Same issue in MI with slush/snowy weather. Wreaks havok with the ACC. I want to just turn off the ACC and use old school cruise. All the tricks shown on YT or other forums don't seem to work. Can select ACC with 3 options for distance.... but no "cruise without ACC" option.

RoadTrip

Reaction score
The other issue is I had my oil changed and tires rotated a few days before we left. Now I have a harmonic sound like one of the tires is out of balance, so I'll be heading to the tire shop Monday. Was damn near impossible to go over 75 mph without it making all sorts of racket. Of course it has the 22" wheels, of which I'm not a fan, either. Anyone else have this issue? 2019 yukon denali xl

Make sure the tire shop uses a torque wrench to finish tightening your lug nuts, rather than just an air impact wrench.

At 140lbs recommended torque, it is unlikely they are grossly over torqued, but over tightening of lug nuts can pull the bearing out of true and with driving, wreck the bearing. I’ve had this happen repeatedly on one of my GM sedans before I figured out what was killing them.

As for the ACC cruise, it’s redneck, but you could tee into the windshield washer hose and zip tie a spare jet to wash the bumper where the ACC radar sensor is, just for the winter. It’s only stupid if it doesn’t work, right?

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@rbg1957 The ACC will "deactivate" or become unusable anytime the front sensors in the bumper have interference and cannot function and detect what's in front of the vehicle. Like your experience it happens in the snow/slush as it builds up on the bumper. I've also experienced it during heavy rain in my '15 Yukon XL Denali.

My wife's '19 Escalade ESV Premium has the ability to switch between ACC and "traditional" (good ole') cruise control. While using the traditional cruise control the vehicle will not slow down or automatically adjust the following distance to the vehicle in front of you and leave that to the driver.

That being said based on information on the forum and some input from others I believe the ability to switch between ACC and traditional cruise control is a K2XX Escalade only option and I'm also not sure what exact model years have it either (ie is it all '15-'20 Escalades or maybe it's just the '18-'20 MY). My '15 Yukon XL Denali did not have the ability to switch between ACC and traditional cruise control.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts