Adaptive Cruise Control Yukon SLT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Adaptive cruise and GAP are 2 different things? I thought the GAP was just the distance feature of your adaptive cruise. As in they go together and you wouldn’t have 1 without the other.
Gap = gap in between you and the vehicle in front, which is a setting that applies to vehicles with adaptive cruise control.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s what I thought. So if the OP has a GAP button on the wheel the vehicle is in fact equipped with adaptive cruise.
The non-adaptive vehicles also have a button there too, for collision alert. We supposedly also have automatic braking - not sure on that one. I do get alerted when I'm driving around a curve and there are parked vehicles on the side of the street. The buttons have different graphics but not everyone may know what the little graphic is illustrating.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember the steering wheel on my 17 non acc ride have a button to adjust the gap for forward collision control. Two different features and also different buttons.

Attachments

• IMG_0249.jpeg
    IMG_0249.jpeg
    197.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0245.jpeg
    IMG_0245.jpeg
    139.2 KB · Views: 8

k_arnold72

Reaction score
I remember the steering wheel on my 17 non acc ride have a button to adjust the gap for forward collision control. Two different features and also different buttons.

Yup, there's a very subtle difference which was why I asked for a picture of the actual controls. But they decided to send a screen shot from a Google search? I'm guessing they figured it out already?

markni12301

Reaction score
Yup, there's a very subtle difference which was why I asked for a picture of the actual controls. But they decided to send a screen shot from a Google search? I'm guessing they figured it out already?
Here's a pic I just took. Haven't heard from OP. That is ACC icon witht the adjustable gap. When you set the cruise control or re-adjust the speed, the dash clearly displays something like "Adaptive Cruise Control set to <speed>".

Attachments

• 20231204_211220.jpg
    20231204_211220.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 5
OP
OP
M

MRV1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When you press the collision alert/gap distance button on the left hand control stack on your steering wheel, what message exactly is shown on the driver's instrument cluster?

Attachments

• Screenshot_٢٠٢٣١٢٠٦_٢٠٥٠٤٩_Chrome.png
    Screenshot_٢٠٢٣١٢٠٦_٢٠٥٠٤٩_Chrome.png
    514.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_٢٠٢٣١٢٠٢_٢٢١٧٤١_Google.png
    Screenshot_٢٠٢٣١٢٠٢_٢٢١٧٤١_Google.png
    269.7 KB · Views: 3

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're showing two mismatched graphics. The image on the left is the display that appears if you do NOT have adaptive cruise. And the button you show in the right picture is only used in vehicles WITH adaptive cruise.

Collision alert does not equal adaptive cruise. If your vehicle displays the image on the LEFT, your button will show a little "starburst" graphic in between, the same sort of a "starburst" orange illuminated graphic that illuminates on your side view mirrors if an obstacle is detected beside your vehicle.

OP
OP
M

MRV1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You're showing two mismatched graphics. The image on the left is the display that appears if you do NOT have adaptive cruise. And the button you show in the right picture is only used in vehicles WITH adaptive cruise.

Collision alert does not equal adaptive cruise. If your vehicle displays the image on the LEFT, your button will show a little "starburst" graphic in between, the same sort of a "starburst" orange illuminated graphic that illuminates on your side view mirrors if an obstacle is detected beside your vehicle.
I apologize, here are two pictures of the gap image and the button on the steering wheel. I hope it is clear now, and I also hpoe someone with the knowledge who can clarify if this vehicle has an adaptive cruise control or not.

Attachments

• Screenshot_٢٠٢٣١٢٠٧_١٣٢٩١٧_WhatsApp.png
    Screenshot_٢٠٢٣١٢٠٧_١٣٢٩١٧_WhatsApp.png
    751 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_٢٠٢٣١٢٠٧_١٣٢٩٣٢_WhatsApp.png
    Screenshot_٢٠٢٣١٢٠٧_١٣٢٩٣٢_WhatsApp.png
    696.3 KB · Views: 3

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I apologize, here are two pictures of the gap image and the button on the steering wheel. I hope it is clear now, and I also hpoe someone with the knowledge who can clarify if this vehicle has an adaptive cruise control or not.
It does not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn