Clicking noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoustonDidThat

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello fellas,

Im not sure if this has been posted before cause I'm new to the site.

I have a 99 Yukon and I've been giving the green light to make it my own project, so first up is the engine.

When I start the truck there is a clicking noise till the truck warms up, then as I drive it a slight ticking/clicking. It ran fine up to now, I say that cause i have a misfire on the #4 cylinder. So now it stutters every now and then.

The crazy part, today it drove just fine but still had the ticking/clicking noise.

All information and help will be apperciated.

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a Valve tick that 90% of these older trucks were known for when Cold , However I moved your thread to the OBS section to get some better attention.

How does the #4 plug look?

OP
OP
H

HoustonDidThat

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I will say that was during the tune up. I've replaced all plugs and wires.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 05:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 PM ----------

Note sure how to do bids on here. But I have a short video where you can clearly here the sound.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

http://youtu.be/JM1LmDnkYG8

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
that is not ticking that is a knock,stop using that that engine and inspect the flexplate for proper mounting of torque converter bolts to it to ensure they are tight, non are missing and nothing is broken in the area. it kinda sounds like it is tossing something around in the area.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BattleBorn