Civilianizing the '15 Tahoe PPV

Discussion in 'Police Package/Specialty Service Discussion' started by RC45, Jun 5, 2017.

1. indigent

indigent TYF Newbie

Name:
    Matt
    Nice looking truck. I have a '15 at work and I love it, of course I came out of a CVPI so it was like rags to riches. My only complaint is the incessant rattle from my rifle/shotgun rack, but that's an upfitter issue. We have an open stretch of highway in our city and it cruises like a Cadillac at 90+, I'm sure without all the associated junk in the back it would do more. I love the way it handles over my '09 LTZ.

Miami-Dade likes this.
  2. Hummin24

Hummin24 TYF Newbie

Name:
    Will
    Ive been looking into the PPV from my current denali. Can anyone confirm the ride is pretty rough? I know she corners like a beaut but what about day to day town/city driving? Mine will be 4 wd.

3. Rdr854

Rdr854 Full Access Member

Name:
    Richard
    How much is a PPV and then what is the cost to civilianize it (except for the deer catcher on the front)?

4. roosh725

roosh725 TYF Newbie

Name:
    mike
    How difficult was the center console install? We're all the plugs there when you pulled up the rubber flooring?

5. RC45

RC45 TYF Newbie

Name:
    PK
    Day to day in city driving - it is comfortable for what it provides - very sure footed handling. It drives like a high performance sedan would with a sprots suspension versus the land yacht suspension you get with the stock truck.

On the freeway it is a sure footed long distance bruiser.

I paid $36kish in 2015 and the upgrades cost about another $4k or so.

See the photos earlier it the thread. Very simple operation. I installed a GMC Denali center console - I wanted the flip top cup holders - cigarette lighter, 110V and USB plugged into the plugs that came out of the PPV dash. I think some wires needed to be altered, I don't recall now.

6. roosh725

roosh725 TYF Newbie

Name:
    mike
    Do you by any chance remember how the wiring was for your center console? Here's my situation. Seems like wires were cut while changing this over to a squad car and I can't seem to figure it out. Any help would be appreciated. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. badandyturbo

badandyturbo TYF Newbie

Name:
    Andy
    Great job with the hoe so far. It's a great truck. Enjoy.