Civilianizing the '15 Tahoe PPV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roosh725

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I did was extend the PPV USB to the USB in the center console and the 110V power outlet to the 110V power outlet on the rear of the center console.
My 110v had no power for some reason, I was fed up with the whole thing to figure out why

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thirdcoast

Supporting Member
Reaction score
RC45, I just found your thread when looking for up fitting fog lights.. great thread and some really good ideas..

I just bought a new Tahoe Custom Edition, which is close to Chevy's commercial Tahoe.. No third row seats, but with all the regular Tahoe electronics etc.. I ordered it with the Max Tow Package so it has 8600 tow capacity & 3.42:1 Posi Rear..

I am just getting started doing some mild mods such as a Corsa Sport which arrived today, a CAI & maybe Hotchkis Sway Bars..

I am not going to go overboard as I also have a 2009 Tahoe LTZ 6.2L in the garage that I have done a bit of upgrades to.. and this new one is my daily driver..

Anyway, I just found out that my new truck does not have the fog lights.. where did you get your fog light upgrade for the PPV??

Great looking Tahoe,

Thirdcoast

AZRiverRunner

Reaction score
Looks like a lot of work, what did you spend in total on this project? Was this a used or new PPV vehicle? I am intrigued.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RC45, I just found your thread when looking for up fitting fog lights.. great thread and some really good ideas..

I just bought a new Tahoe Custom Edition, which is close to Chevy's commercial Tahoe.. No third row seats, but with all the regular Tahoe electronics etc.. I ordered it with the Max Tow Package so it has 8600 tow capacity & 3.42:1 Posi Rear..

I am just getting started doing some mild mods such as a Corsa Sport which arrived today, a CAI & maybe Hotchkis Sway Bars..

I am not going to go overboard as I also have a 2009 Tahoe LTZ 6.2L in the garage that I have done a bit of upgrades to.. and this new one is my daily driver..

Anyway, I just found out that my new truck does not have the fog lights.. where did you get your fog light upgrade for the PPV??

Great looking Tahoe,

Thirdcoast
Can we up fit with OEM fog lamps and switch? I have a 2017 LS.

roosh725

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got most of the misc parts locally on Craigslist for great prices. Leather, center console, and steering wheel was bought on eBay. The truck was bought used with 50k miles. Nowadays other than the wheels, you’d never know it was a ppv, unless you knew exactly what to look for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lhinds82

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What I did was extend the PPV USB to the USB in the center console and the 110V power outlet to the 110V power outlet on the rear of the center console.

Taking the 110V outlet from the front to the rear??? I know it's those two orange cables. Is there an extension cable or did you or an electrician make it happen??

thirdcoast

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Richard,

I don't know if the wiring harness has provisions for the fog lights without some modification but I am going to continue to pursue this and may purchase the factory foglights and see if they will work with the existing harness. I have not checked the harness yet. Anybody have schematics and could shed some light on this would be appreciated..

I contacted PGAMBOA as he makes a conversion harness for GM trucks for mirror upgrades, but he said he had not done anything with the Tahoe or Yukon vehicles. FWIW he has some videos on youtube about the truck upgrade mirror..

From what I have read, the power fold option comes with the DL3 mirror and the memory package.. I believe that is what Phil does with his harness for the trucks, is re-pin the plugins to bypass the memory seat option.. I really don't know, just guessing..

Let's keep this thread alive and maybe we can find a solution.. I really would like the power fold mirrors as well as the fog lights.

Gene

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would think the trucks and the SUVs would be very similar for mirror wiring. He will usually work with you and he knows his stuff when it comes to wiring and building a wire harness. You would have to let him know what you are trying to do and send him pictures of your connector. The connector he made for the console phone pad charger for the truck was the same for the SUV.

thirdcoast

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did contact him and he said he did not do SUV's.. hence his reply to my inquiry..

"All of my work has been on 2014+ Silverado/Sierra trucks only. Sorry bud.

Thanks, Phil"

But I will continue to find a solution..

Thirdcoast