Chevy Bowtie vinyl cut out-- where to buy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajb1205

Reaction score
I like vinyl because it is easily replaced if need be. If prepped and installed correctly, it shouldn't peel at all. Just my $0.02. Paint is nice when you have a color that it tough to color match (my 05 Pewter Yukon was a pain in the ass to match).

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Paint it and use a good clear on the whole emblem would be what I would do.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vinyl it to see how you like it. If you like it then take it off and have it painted :waytogo:

taylorjm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in the process of painting my front emblem with that plasti dip spray paint. Supposedly since it's a rubber coating, it doesn't chip, but not sure how it is with bugs or stuff like that. I've seen some videos of people power washing rims with the plasti dip on them and they hold up just fine, so I guess we'll see.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm in the process of painting my front emblem with that plasti dip spray paint. Supposedly since it's a rubber coating, it doesn't chip, but not sure how it is with bugs or stuff like that. I've seen some videos of people power washing rims with the plasti dip on them and they hold up just fine, so I guess we'll see.

Mine is done with it and I like it cause the texture blends well with my grill but I don't think felix would be happy with it in the avy. 2 totally different grills :imo:

OP
OP
felixgun

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Avy is at a local custom auto shop getting them blacked out at the moment. I was going to do vinyl but they said that the way it dries, the very end/tips of it will still be showing gold so they said they recommended that I paint the stock ones... Along with getting this done, i'm getting the GMX550 LockPick, Factory Nav/GPS Antenna, and CCD Rear cam kit. It's a good day for the Avy :rocking:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:party33:

01HDtahoeNJN

Shredding Gnar Daily
Reaction score
I just called my local custom auto store nearby and it's 25 per emblem for either paint OR vinyl... hmmm decisions decisions...

---------- Post added at 09:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 AM ----------

Well I thought about doing this myself but just made an appt for tomorrow after lunch to just go and get it done... don't really feel like botching this up and really hate the gold bowties on my black car... need to change it ASAP

---------- Post added at 09:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 AM ----------

Could you do that? That would be great man.

Diy! Mine came out banging! Lens tint and a shit load of clear! Free!
aefc060d-5ef3-2392.jpg

aefc060d-5f3d-576c.jpg

Pics off my phone..and tapatalk hosted so if they come out bad let me know!
Sent from my Samsung Fascinate Via Verizon 3G.

Faceplant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pulled my front one this w/e and painted it flat black. I ripped the outer gold/clear part off, sanded down what was left and taped off the outside glossy black part. Took 10 mis, and I like it just fine. Will probably take it back off this week and sand down the center part a little more, but it looks ok....